Proposal for Church/Parish/Diocese Genealogy Family History Ministry
Compelling Genealogy Family History Benefits:
- Improve family relationships
- Get to know older family relatives
- Build self-confidence in learning/knowing family history
- Learn active listening
- Learn of family stories
- Find and preserve old family photos
- Establish/strengthen Patriot Roots
- Learn German Geography
- Learn and connect with German History
- Find and connect with living cousins still living in Germany
- Appreciation for family values
- A healthy, challenging puzzle, an alternative to electronic games and television
INTERESTING NEW, EXCITING & ORIGINAL CURRICULUM! (Publicity?! Attention!)
- New subjects
- New teaching methods
- Integrated learning with Church sacraments, history, & traditions
German Ancestry & Genealogy - Youth workshop classes
- family tree wall
- German Ancestry vocabulary & terms (careers, names traditions, censuses)
- US & Europe push-pin map for Ancestors
- Ancestor paper dolls & refrigerator magnet dolls w/ period clothing to color
- Family recipe potluck day
German Ancestry & Genealogy - Young Adults & Adults workshop classes
- Electronic interactive family trees
- German Ancestry vocabulary & terms (naming traditions, censuses)
- German migration history
- Research resources assistance
- Family recipe potluck day
Ancestor Timeline w/ layovers:
- Family events
- Church history events
- Local history events
- US (incl. presidents) & Europe history events (incl. kings, queens, etc.)
Ancestors and Church (christenings/baptisms, communions, confirmations, marriages, funerals, burials) Civil & Church records sources research for church names & locations
German History for American Children
- Gabbey lesson materials or ?
German History for Americans - Young Adults & Adults classes
- Gabbey lesson materials
Military service, war heroes
Family Recipies, ethnic dish books
Guest speakers program (open to school, church, & community):
- Church officials & historians
- SAR, DAR, Civil War society officers
- Historical Society professionals
- History Museum professionals
- Boy Scout merit badge counselors
- Girl Scout merit badge counselors
- Role play characters (from German history)
- Library research professionals
Who are you? 20 Questions to Reveal a Person's True Self & to Make Meaningful Connections!
- What's your life motto or philosophy?
- What's your favorite thing about yourself?
- Why do you follow your religion?
- What was the best day of your life so far?
- What was the worst thing to ever happen to you?
- What's your biggest dream?
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Why do you think we are all here?
- What is your favorite song?
- What was your best relationship?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- If you could change your job, what would you most like to do instead?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- If money was no object, what would you do in life?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What are you most thankful for?
- What do you wish people understood better about you?
- If you could turn back time, what one thing would you do differently?
- What's the craziest, most exciting thing you've ever done?
- What's the furthest back memory that you have?
- What do you think about most often?
- Have you written down your bucket list?
- What do you do when you relax?
- What is the most valuable thing that you own?
- If you wrote a book, what would the title be?
- If you could be any age for a whole week, what age would you choose?
- Who was the most influential person in your life?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If you could have one superpower, what would that be?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What would you like to create in the world that doesn't exist?
- What is the best question you have ever been asked?
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)