Surnames/tags: Payne Gore
Other: Family Genealogies
Genealogy of The Families of Payne and Gore
This "account of the Payne family is copied from a manuscript book now in the possession of Mrs. Lucy P. Weeks, which is perhaps unique in its history. The book was bought in Hamburg in 1660 by Tobias Payne, who brought it to Boston. He wrote in it a record of his travels, and in each succeeding generation someone has continued the record."
- by William Henry Whitmore (1836-1900)
- The Publications of The Prince Society.
- published by John Wilson and Son, Boston, 1875
- 30 pages
- WikiTree Profiles that use this source
Available online at these locations:
Table of Contents
- Prefatory Notice by The Council
- Note by the Editor
- A Short Abstract of the course of my life. T. P.
- The Gore Family, Page 26
- No errors in this publication have been identified. When found, please list the problem(s) here, and include a link to a source that describes the problem.
- "This tract commences with a short abstract of the life of Tobias Payne, born in Herefordshire, and descended out of Gloucestershire, and is an interesting record of the vicsissitudes of an early settler. It has been continued by his descendants in a manner well worthy of imitation by those whose delight it is to cherish the memory of their ancestors. Taking this as an example of the publications of the Prince Society, we wish them every success in their good work." (The Genealogist)
- <span id='Whitmore'></span>Whitmore, William Henry. ''[[Space:Genealogy of The Families of Payne and Gore|The Genealogy of The Families of Payne and Gore]]'' (John Wilson & Son, Boston, 1875) [ Page ].
Please add your preferred citation format below, so that it may be easily copied by you and others:
- <ref name=Whitmore>, William Henry. ''[[Space:Genealogy of The Families of Payne and Gore|The Genealogy of The Families of Payne and Gore]]'' (John Wilson & Son, Boston, 1875) [ Page ].</ref>