upload image

Geneva Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
This page has been accessed 22 times.

Geneva Township was originally a part of Ashtabula Township. It was made a separate township on 22 Mar 1816. Theobalt Bartholomew from Schoharie, New York is known as the first settler in the township. Elisha Wiard of Connecticut was the second though he died in 1812. James Morrison and Maj. Levi Gaylord arrived not long after Wiard. Eleazer Davis also settled in. Robert Custin made a temporary home in the area. Other early settlers are Squire B. French, John Ketchum, Rev. Jonathan Leslie, Samuel Quinton, Abisha Lawton, Truman Watkins, Samuel Thompson, Norman Webster, and Harvey Sanford Spencer, brother of Platt Spencer.

Sources

See also: Category: Geneva Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio



This is an "orphaned" profile — there's no Profile Manager to watch over it. Please adopt this profile.


Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.