Location: Germanna, Virginia, United States
Use the following template:
||This profile is part of the Germanna, Virginia One Place Study.|
Join: One Place Studies Project
The goal of this project is to create genealogies and biographies for those families that settled the tract of land that became known as Germanna.
Project Leader: Laurie Kelley.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- To merge all duplicates into the final lowest profile ID number.
- Final ID locked, marked as project protected (must be done by one of the Leaders), if the profile meets those requirements.
- Germanna template included on the page.
- All relevant categories are added.
- Parents are correct and documented.
- Biography is cleaned up, free of any GEDCOM junk, Ancestry trees, etc., and ideally has an actual written biography.
- Children are linked if able.
- Link Profile to Global Family Reunion
- Create a Cemetery Category, if known
- Create City freepages and link profiles to city and region categories
- Provide gravestone picture if possible
There were two waves of settlers into Germanna, 1714 and 1717. Below are the names of the families:
1714 Colony from Siegerland:
- Johann Jost Albrecht
- Melchior Brombach and wife Maria Elisabetha Fischbach
- Jost Cuntse/Koontz and wife Anna Gertrud Reinschmidt
- Philip Fischbach/Fishback and wife Elizabeth Heimbach
- the Rev. Johann Heinrich Hager and wife Ann Catharina Friesenhagen
- Peter/Dieter Heide/Hitt and wife Elisabeth Otterbach
- Johannes Hoffman
- Hans Jacob Holtzklau/Holtzclaw and wife Anna Margaretha Otterbach
- Johannes Kemper/Camper
- Johann Jost Merdten/Martin
- Hermann Otterbach/Utterback and wife Elisabeth Heimbach
- Johann Jacob Richter/Rector and wife Anna Elisabeth Fischbach
- Johannes Spielmann
- Johann Heinrich Weber/Weaver and wife Anna Margarethe Huttman
1717 Colony from the Kraichgau and the Palatinate:
- Conrad Amburger/Amburgey
- Andreas Ballenger
- Christopher Barlur/Parlur/Barlow and wife Barbara
- Matthias Beller
- Balthazar Blankenbaker/Blankenbuhler and wife Ann Margaretha
- Matthias Blankenbaker/Blankenbuhler and wife Anna Maria Merklin
- Nicholas Blankenbaker/Blankenbuhler and wife Appollonia Kafer
- Johannes/John Breuel/Briles/Broyles and wife Ursula Ruop
- Cyriacus Fleischmann/Fleshman and wife Anna Barbara Schone
- Hans/John Herrensparger/Harnsberger and wife Anna Barbara
- Hans Michael Holdt/Holt
- Wolff Michael Kafer/Kaifer
- Andreas Kerker and wife Margaretha
- Hans Michael Klarr/Clore and wife Anna Barbara
- Johann Michael Koch/Cook and wife Maria Barbara Reiner
- Jacob Crigler
- Johannes/John Motz and wife Maria Appollonia Maubars
- Hans Georg/George Majer/Moyer and wife Anna Barbara
- Hans Michael Mihlekher and wife Sophia Catherina
- Johann Philip Paulitz and wife Rosina Margaretha Schneider
- Heinrich/Henr Schlucter
- Johann Georg Sheible/Sheibley and wife Maria Eleanora Ockert
- Matthaus/Matthew Schmidt/Smith and wife Regina Catherine Schlozer
- Hans Michael Schmidt/Smith and wife Anna Margaretha Sauter
- Hans Heinrich/Henry Schneider/Snyder and wife Anna Dorothea Schilling
- Johannes/John Thoma/Thomas and wife Anna Maria Blanckenbuhler
- Johann George Utz and wife Anna Barbara Majer
- Phillip Joseph Weber/Weaver and wife Susannah Klaar
- Nicholas Jager/Yager/Yeager and wife Anna Maria Sieber
- Christopher Zimmerman and wife Anna Elisabetha Albrecht
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 12 Feb 2018 at 23:41 GMT Robin White wrote:
On 15 Feb 2017 at 20:11 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 15 Feb 2017 at 20:10 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
Let me know your thoughts. If just Germanna, Virginia, I can go ahead and create that category for you. If both or Germanna, Virginia Colony, I can check with my Southern Colony/Virginia contact (one of the US Southern Colonies project leaders - Paula J) & set that up too.
On 2 Dec 2016 at 19:05 GMT Tracy Lawrence wrote:
On 9 Mar 2016 at 23:41 GMT Abby (Brown) Glann wrote:
I've added your project to a better category so people can find you. Sounds like it would fit well in our One Place Studies Project. Thanks for starting it!