Surnames/tags: Wartenpfuhl Wadenpohl Wadenphul
A list of persons with last name Wadenpfuhl and similar in Germany.
Wadenpfuhls in the Hunsrück and Moselle Area
Starting point of my research is my ancestor Peter Wahlpful. He must have been born around 1646. Peter married Anna Elisabeth MÜNSTER on Oct 1st, 1667, in Irmenach, a village in the Hunsrück area of Germany, close to the river Moselle. According to Irmenach church books, he originally came from Blee (now Monheim am Rhein), more than 200 kilometres from Irmenach - quite a distance in these days. Monheim church books show a Wilhelm Wadenpooll who registers several births of children, some also twins and triplets.
Peter seems to be the ancestor of all Wahlpfuhl/Wadenpuhls etc. in the area, which makes him especially interesting. He died in 1726 in Starkenburg, a village next to Irmenach and in the same parish, at the age of 60.
Peter and Anna Elisabeth had at least six children, born from Nov 1668 to April 1689. All children were baptised in Irmenach church.
- Their first child was Elisabetha Barbara, born 1668, who was buried in 1692 in Enkirch after being bed-ridden for quite a while. Elisabetha acted as godmother to Philipp Conrad GÖBEL, son of Johann Nickel/Michel and Sara Bärbel GÖBEL, in 1687.
- Her brother Johann Matthias was born in 1670. He might have married twice, first Anna Maria CASPARY in 1693 in Traben, then Regina Katharina VELTEN in 1736 in Traben. He might have been godfather for Maria Agnes GÖBEL, daughter of Nickel & Maria Magd. GÖBEL, in 1688.
- The third known child was another daughter, Agnes Margaretha, born 1673 , who was buried in Enkirch in 1690.
- Johann Jacob was born in 1677; he might have been buried in Starkenburg in 1724. Johann Jacob was mentioned as a carpenter in 1701 (when he acted as godfather for Maria Elisabetha MÜNSTER, daughter of Johann Peter Münster) and later in Starkenburg. He married Anna Dorothea Drein/Trein in 1705.
- Christina Margaretha, born 1680, and Johann Peter, born 1689, both married members of the MARX family who probably were brother and sister, too - Christina married Heinrich Matthias Marx in 1708, and Johann Peter married Eva Maria Marx in 1708. While Christina and Heinrich had several children (one of these my direct ancestor), I have as yet found only one daughter of Johann Peter and Eva Maria.
Wadenpfuhls of Interest in Germany
- Johann David Wadephul, lawyer and member of German parliament, born 1963 in Husum
Monheim church books: births 1646-1693, weddings 1647-1680, funerals. Available online from [Archiv Erzbistum Köln]. Last accessed Jan 12, 2023.
Irmenach church books
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)