Location: Gesualdo, Avellino, Campania, Italy
Surnames/tags: One_Place_Studies Italy Gesualdo
Gesualdo, Campania One Place Study
Welcome to the one place study for the town/commune of Gesualdo, Italy. It's a small town located in the province of Avellino. The city is known as "The city of the Prince of Musicians" in honor of Carlo Gesualdo, a musician who resided in the town.
The town is known to have many fountains and palaces. One such palace, Castle Gesualdo, dates back to Norman rule in the 12th century.
Surrounding municipalities are the towns of Fontanarosa, Frigento, Grottaminarda, Paternopoli and Villamaina.
In the early 20th century, many residents immigrated to America and other parts of the world as southern Italy experienced rampant poverty and government policies which favored northern Italy.
The goals of this project are:
- Highlight the ancestors who came from the town,
- Provide resources for research
- Connect living descendants from these areas.
- Share the work of the group to expand interest in WikiTree.
Here is the category for Gesualdo: Gesualdo, Avellino
- Wikidata: Item Q55037, en:Wikipedia
- Wikidata: Item Q55037, it:Wikipedia
- Official Website
- Gesualdo at Familysearch