Location: Gesualdo, Avellino, Campania, Italy
Surnames/tags: One_Place_Studies Italy Campania
Gesualdo, Campania One Place Study
Welcome to the one place study for the town/commune of Gesualdo, Italy. It's a small town located in the province of Avellino. The city is known as "The city of the Prince of Musicians" in honor of Carlo Gesualdo, a musician who resided in the town.
The town is known to have many fountains and palaces. One such palace, Castle Gesualdo, dates back to Norman rule in the 12th century.
Surrounding municipalities are the towns of Fontanarosa, Frigento, Grottaminarda, Paternopoli and Villamaina.
In the early 20th century, many residents immigrated to America and other parts of the world as southern Italy experienced rampant poverty and government policies which favored northern Italy.
The goals of this project are:
- Highlight the ancestors who came from the town,
- Provide resources for research
- Connect living descendants from these areas.
- Share the work of the group to expand interest in WikiTree.
- Official Website
- Wikidata: Item Q55037, en:Wikipedia |Wikidata: Item Q55037, it:Wikipedia
- WikiTree Profiles that link here
- Here is the category for Gesualdo: Gesualdo, Avellino
- Continent: Europe
- Country: Italy
- Region: Campania
- Province: Avellino
- GPS Coordinates: 41, 15.0666667
- #OnePlaceWednesday showcase: Gesualdo, Campania Feb 16, 2022.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Place Studies Project WikiTree and Chris Ferraiolo. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)