Location: Södra Säm, Älvsborg, Sverige
Surnames/tags: Björn Johansson Aronson
Getavad was a gathering of crofts with up to five or six households at the most, situated just south of Bystadsjön. Today only one of them remain. The area was 1/4 'mantal frälse land. It changed owners several times over the years but it was a part of the estate of Stora Bystad. Bystad is situated in the parish of Gällstad and Getavad in the parish of Södra Säm. The new owner was the widow Gerda Wessberg who in 1932 left the estate to her adoptive son Hans Bertil.
The owners from 1875 until 1932 are taken from the national archive's documents on who owned the property title.
- 1875 - 1901 Anders Andersson and his wife Anna Sofia Håkansdotter, went bankrupt and had to sell the estate of Stora Bystad, including Getavad.
- 1901 - 1902 A. E. Carlstén
- 1902 - 1903 Ol. Oson Arneberger
- 1903-1905 P. J. Andersson
- 1905 - 1932 Gerda Wessberg, was given the estate by P. J. Andersson
- 1932 - Hans Bertil Wessberg, inherited the estate from his adoptive mother Gerda Wessberg.
Getavad No 1
Getavad No 1 (Getavad 1:1) was the croft situated closest to the lake Bystadsjön and one of the crofts still standing in 1940. The house was torn down before 2016.
|Getavad No 1 from above|
- - 1899: Henning Leonard Johansson (born 1867 in Ljungsarp) and his wife Emma Charlott Karlsdotter (born 1865 in Gällstad). They had three children. They moved to Navstocka in the same parish.
- 1900 - 1901: Eric Svantesson Sjölin (born 1859 in Strängsered) and his wife Alida Grönlund (born 1864 in Södra Säm) moved in from the parish of Hulared with theri three children and the maid Hulda Charlotta Dalberg (born 1884 in the parish of Dalstorp). They all moved back to Hulared.
- 1908 -1921: Gustaf Fredrik Magnusson (born 1884 in Dalstorp ) with his wife Hanna Naemi Gustafsson (born 1880 in Sandhem ) moved in from the parish of Länghem with two children. Four more children were born at Getavad before the family moved to the parish of Liared.
- 1920 - : Karl Björn (born 1888 in Södra Ving, died 1980 in Gällstad and his wife Elin Karlström moved in with their two oldest children from Kölaby and one more son was born at Getavad.
|The Björn family, Karl, Elin, Gunhild and Ingvar.|
Statistics and other Sources
- 1944 - Owned by Bertil Wessberg at Stora Bystad in the parish of Gällstad, farmed by Karl Björn.
This was the other croft still standing in 1940.
- - 1935: Johan Alfred Johannesson Hagström (born 1864 in Gällstad. His second wife was Eva Johannesdotter Sjödin (born 1847
- 1930 - : Frans Hjalmar Rikard Hell (born 1888 in Alurum) with his wife Gerda Maria ARvidsson (born 1901 in Svarttorp and a daughter moved in from Rångedala.
Statistics and other Sources
- 1944 - Owned by Bertil Wessberg at Stora Bystad in the parish of Gällstad, farmed by Hjalmar Hell.
- 1899- 1931:crofter and then tenant Josef Danielsson (born 1828 in Nittorp) and his wife Matilda Carolina Gustafsson (born 1851 in Nittorp) movied in with theri seven children from Hulared. Josef was first a crofter and then he rented the croft. Josef died in 1919 and his wife moved to Gällstad in 1931. Their children had moved out before their father's death.
- - 1908: crofter Alfred Alexandersson (born 1843 in Södra Åsarp) and his wife Kristina Larsdotter (born 1846 in Månstad). Moved to Gällstad in 1908.
- 1901 - 1925: crofter Johan Aron Johansson (born 1856 in Länghem and his wife Juliana Fredrika Johansdotter (born 1857 in Södra Säm moved in from Hulared with five of their children. The son John Hugo moved to America in 1911 where he later became a Governor in Montana. Aron and his wife moved to [[Category:Gällstad (P)|Gällstad in 1925 but their son Karl Sigfrid stayed until 1930.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Södra Säm (P) AIIa:2 (1910-1935) Bild 30 / sid 19, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Södra Säm (P) AIIa:1 (1900-1910) Bild 29 / sid 15, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ Kinds häradsrätt (N, P) FIIa:101 (1932) Bild 6220, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ Inskrivningsdomarens i Kinds och Redvägs domsaga arkiv, Lagfartsböcker, SE/HLA/1340155/C I/1 (1875-1925), bildid: H0002237_00223, sida 220
- ↑ Lena Svensson who visited the grounds in December, 2016
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sveriges bebyggelse, landsbygden Älvsborg:VI (1950) Bild 6580 / sid 654, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ Statistiska centralbyrån (SCB) - Byrån för jordbruksstatistik, Allmänna jordbruksräkningen 1944 H1AB:413 (1944) Bild 4850
- ↑ Södra Säm (P) AIIa:2 (1910-1935) Bild 31 / sid 20, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ Statistiska centralbyrån (SCB) - Byrån för jordbruksstatistik, Allmänna jordbruksräkningen 1944 H1AB:413 (1944) Bild 4830
- ↑ Södra Säm (P) AIIa:1 (1900-1910) Bild 31 / sid 17, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ Södra Säm (P) AIIa:2 (1910-1935) Bild 33 / sid 22, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ Södra Säm (P) AIIa:1 (1900-1910) Bild 33 / sid 19, Arkiv Digital AD AB
- ↑ The Galloping Swede - J. Hugo Aronson, Swedenroots.se, 2008-2018
- ↑ Södra Säm (P) AIIa:2 (1910-1935) Bild 32 / sid 21, Arkiv Digital AD AB