Surnames/tags: Gleninagh Clare Munster
|Ireland||Main Clare Page||Category for Gleninagh Parish||Civil Parishes in County Clare|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Clare team
Gleninagh Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Gleann Eidhneach.
- Logainm Link: Gleninagh Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Burren
- Province: Munster
Population Centres of Gleninagh Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Clare
The Townlands of Gleninagh Civil Parish
- The townlands in Gleninagh Parish (Gleann Eidhneach) are those taken from Gleninagh Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Aghaglinny North Achadh an Ghlinne Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Aghaglinny South Achadh an Ghlinne Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gleninagh North Gleann Eidhneach Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gleninagh South Gleann Eidhneach Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Illaunbrock More Oilean mor burruc, ’mermaid island’ 1901 Census, 1911 Census Illaungraffanavrankagh Oileán Grafa na bh-Frangcaigh, ’the island called Grafa of the Frenchmen’ 1901 Census, 1911 Census Murrooghkilly Muiriúch Cille 1901 Census, 1911 Census Murrooghtoohy North Muiriúch Tuaithe Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Murrooghtoohy South Muiriúch Tuaithe Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- Illaunloo Lughardh's Island
- Rine Point A point of land which runs into the sea N. of townland Glannina North
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general souces for Clare should be added to the main Clare page.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.3. Team links in CIBs now implemented.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive