How to Participate
The surname Glover is most common (sorted by number of individuals) in the United States, Canada, England, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand. It also occurs in other countries, such as France, Ghana, Germany, and Nigeria.
Volunteers for this project may work on specific family lines, specific regions (a country, a state or province within a country, or a smaller region) or other areas of interest (e.g. pre-1700 or pre-1500 profiles). If you are experienced in particular area of research, please consider adding yourself as a contact under the Areas of Research section below.
Please contact the Study's coordinator Kimberly Ryan or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
Inclusion and Exclusion
Normally profiles for people who were not born as a Glover (e.g. spouses of Glovers) are excluded from this study, but this is not a hard rule. Sometimes it is important to research the spouse of a Glover, especially if the Glover is otherwise unknown. The spouse might be temporarily categorized under the Glover Name Study until their connection is established.
Individual Glover profiles may be tagged with one or more regional subcategories. For example, Townend Glover was born in Rio de Janeiro, lived in with his paternal relatives in Leeds, and married and worked in New York state. So, his profile has the categories:
- Category:Brazil, Glover Name Study
- Category:Yorkshire, Glover Name Study
- Category:New York, Glover Name Study
This allows volunteers to research different aspects of his life based on their interest and ability.
- Category:Brazil, Glover Name Study is a direct subcategory of Category:Glover Name Study
- Category:Yorkshire, Glover Name Study is a subcategory of Category:England, Glover Name Study
- Category:New York, Glover Name Study is a subcategory of Category:United States, Glover Name Study
These subcategories are created based on need, when there are a large number of profiles in a category.
When no location specific information is available for a profile, please use Category:Unknown Place, Glover Name Study or the appropriate equivalent for a country:
- Category:United States, Unknown Place, Glover Name Study
- Category:Canada, Unknown Place, Glover Name Study
- Category:England, Unknown Place, Glover Name Study
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
There are a large number of Glover profiles that were created by GEDCOM file uploads. This has resulted in many profiles with incomplete information. Please consider managing some of these profiles.
- Consider adding the appropriate regional subcategory to Glover profiles that you manage. (e.g. Category:Lancashire, Glover Name Study or Category:Ontario, Glover Name Study)
- Research profiles with missing location information to identify where life events happened.
- Add sources where missing. Improve sources where possible.
- Look for duplicate profiles.
Areas of Research
- Contact(s): Kimberly Ryan
- Contact(s): Dawn Ellis
- Contact(s): David Fentress
- Would you like to help research Glover families? Mar 29, 2020.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Kimberly Ryan and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)