Location: Green Garden Township, Will, Illinois, United States
One Place Study
This One Place Study is an attempt to research everyone that has lived in Green Garden Township, Illinois.
|Michael F. Sanders|
The earliest settlers in the northwest part of Green Garden Township came from New York and Vermont.   Michael Francis Sanders "the Squire" was the first in this area, arriving in 1847.  G. M. Green "the Deacon" arrived around the same time.  Soon after, other families from Vermont followed.  These include Rev. James Hudson, Daniel Haradon, David McClay and Hiram Twining.  Next were the Bailey family from New York, and Bemiss family from Michigan. 
Around the same time, Germans started settling into the southeast of the area.  The first German was probably John T. Luehrs, who arrived in about 1848.  Other early Germans were the Dierks family (cousins of John Luehrs) and the Strassen family, who both arrived in about 1851. 
To see a list of people who appear in Green Garden Township records, see Category:Green Garden Township, Illinois.
German Baptist Society
St. Peter's German Evangelical Lutheran Church
German Methodist Church
In 1871, a German Methodist Church was erected. 
- 1850 Census (Trenton Township)
- 1860 Census (All people have been entered in WikiTree)
- 1865 Illinois State Census
- 1870 Census (All people have been entered in WikiTree)
- 1880 Census (All people have been entered in WikiTree)
- 1900 Census (All people have been entered in WikiTree)
- 1910 Census
- 1920 Census
- 1930 Census
- 1940 Census
- Records of St. Peters Evangelical Church in Green Garden (Images 8 - 14 of 504 entered in WikiTree)
- William Wallace Stevens, Past and Present of Will County, Illinois, Volume 1 (1907).
- William Wallace Stevens, Past and Present of Will County, Illinois, Volume 2 (1907).
- Green Garden Township Website
- Wikipedia: Green Garden Township, Will County, Illinois
- Unofficial Facebook Page
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The History of Will County, Illinois (Chicago: Wm. Le Baron, Jr. & Co., 1878), 583.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The History of Will County, Illinois, 585.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The History of Will County, Illinois, 587.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The History of Will County, Illinois, 586.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 The History of Will County, Illinois, 589.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 The History of Will County, Illinois, 590.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jamie Nelson and One Place Studies Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)