upload image

Green Township, Adams County, Ohio

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
This page has been accessed 58 times.

Green Township, Adams County, Ohio was formed in December of 1806 and named in honor of Gen. Nathanael Greene (the final "e" of "Greene" was dropped from the township name over time). The very first settler is believed to be Obadiah Stout, a soldier of the Revolution from New Jersey. He was first at Graham's Station in Kentucky then moved to Adams County in 1796 where he gave his name to Stouts Run. Not long after came George H. Puntenney and his father-in-law William Hamilton. Samuel Montgomery came from Ireland about the same time and settled in. George W. Colvin settled in about 1800.

Sources

See also:



This is an "orphaned" profile — there's no Profile Manager to watch over it. Please adopt this profile.


Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.