About the Project
The Greet Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Greet name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Greet name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Greets), by time period (18th Century Greets), or by topic (Greet DNA, Greet Occupations, Greet Statistics).
- To investigate outwards from England, forward in time, tracing the spread of English Greets across the globe.
- To investigate backwards in time, tracing the family lines of worldwide Greets back to their origins in England.
- To provide reliable sources for all Greet profiles on Wikitree, to correct errors, and to merge any duplicate profiles.
What profiles are Included
At the moment the study includes those who were born with the family name Greet; those who became a Greet by marriage and those who died with the family name Greet. It also includes profiles of people who have Greet as a middle name.
How to Join
If you are interested in participating in the GREET name study please send me a message or leave a comment below.
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Teams / Research Pages
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Elizabeth Viney and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)