Location: Queensland, Australia
Surnames/tags: Ayr Burdekin
How I Roll
- My interest in my Family Tree first began in Grade 8 with a test at school where we had to find out about our ancestors and draw up a tree. Later, when I began my working life, I continued on from that initial tree in 1979, before computers, back in the days of microfiche and books. By the time I purchased my first computer, I had masses of paperwork in folders. This was in 1998. I then entered every detail into Family Treemaker.
- I first joined Ancestry in 2003 and started to do the same thing. I eventually noticed errors mysteriously added to all parts of my Ancestry tree which were without my knowledge and too numerous to remove easily. I then deleted the Ancestry tree and moved to My Heritage, did the same over again, and here the same errors began emerging.
- During this period, I discovered and joined Wikitree and uploaded a Gedcom in 2013. After the last two little fiasco's, and pretty much researching my whole tree, thrice over, I was a little annoyed. I decided that Wikitree was the bomb and resolved to research and source my whole tree over again. And here I am.
- The Paternal half of my tree is centred in Scotland and during my research I have had a lot of practice reading old document script. I also studied French at school, which helps with my basic French reading skills. Latin is another matter entirely, however, I have picked up some basic reading skill with it as well.
- I enjoy working behind the scenes, often get carried away with repairing profiles and tend to forget to message PM's while I'm in the zone ! Like the quote says, there is never enough time.
- I have found, that I have a preference for doing things correctly the first time. I suppose it's in my nature, not to waste time.
- The other stuff on my profile starts out as some of what I'm interested in, most don't have a wikitree profile yet and will probably end up on a free-space page until I find enough info about them.
- Previous Cars.
|HQ Holden Monaro GTS 1974.|
- This is a photo like the Holden Monaro GTS 4 door that I used to own. Metallic Orchid.
- 1974 HQ Holden Monaro GTS 4 Door Metallic Orchid
|XD Ford Falcon, 4 speed manual.|
- The car I wish I owned.
My Favourite Crime Writer
Favourite Scots Entertainer
- Sir Harry Lauder
- Harry's best known song.
|Just a Wee Deoch-an-Doris.|
Why am I a Lefty?
- And it goes on and on. Left-handed people only make up ten percent of the population.
Scientists have noticed a correlation between cowlicks or hair whorls and handedness. Most people have two. Some have more. I have two on the crown of my head and one on my left eyebrow.
Why do I have Blue Eyes?
- And again the news is both good and bad.
- Monday’s child is fair of face,
- Tuesday’s child is full of grace,
- Wednesday’s child is sour and sad,
- Thursday’s child is merry and glad,
- Friday’s child is loving and giving,
- Saturday’s child must work for a living;
- But the child that is born on the Sabbath day
- Is blithe and bonny, good and gay.
- Monday’s child is fair of face
- Tuesday’s child is full of grace
- Wednesday child is full of woe
- Thursday’s child has far to go
- Friday’s child is caring and giving
- Saturday’s child works hard for a living
- But the child that’s born on the Sabbath day
- is fair and wise and good and gay.
Currently being adjusted and refined
- Maternal relationship is confirmed by a triangulated group on GEDmatch consisting of David Urquhart, Noelene Conn and Mabel Teese, who all share an 8.3 cM segment on chromosome 9 from 127196469 to 134936986. David and Noelene are 1C2R; David and Mabel are 2C2R; Noeleen and Mabel are 2C. The MCRA's of David, Noelene and Mabel are Thomas Mayoh and Ann Windross, the gr. grandparents of Noelene and Mabel, and 3rd gr. grandparents of David.
- Paternal relationship is confirmed on FTDNA with David Urquhart and Meryl Naismith by a shared 15.7 cM segment on chromosome 11. FTDNA suggested relationship = 3rd cousin - 5th cousin. Suggested estimated number of generations on GEDmatch to MCRA = 4.9.
- Relationship between David Urquhart and Kathleen Cobcroft is confirmed by a shared 8.2 cM segment on chromosome 17. FTDNA suggested relationship = 5th cousin - remote cousin. Suggested estimated number of generations on GEDmatch to MCRA = 7.4.
- Relationship between David Urquhart and Kristine Quintero is confirmed by a shared 8.4 cM segment on chromosome 15. FTDNA suggested relationship = 5th cousin - remote cousin. Suggested estimated number of generations on GEDmatch to MCRA = 7.0
- Relationship between David Urquhart and Marty Acks is confirmed by a shared 12.3 segment on chromosome 3. FTDNA suggested relationship = 4th cousin - remote cousin. Suggested estimated number of generations on GEDmatch to MCRA = 5.1.
- WT says I have a fifth cousin Genealogical match with Laura Bozzay, however, our Gedmatch comparisons don't match, nor does Laura come up on FTDNA, which suggests a break in the DNA line.
- Poetry of Henry Lawson
- Poetry List
- National Heroes of Australia
- Henry Lawson, poet
- Eureka Rebellion
- Daniel Deniehy, republican
- Rev John Dunmore Lang
- Wikimedia Commons for the car photgraphs.
- about Harry Lauder
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)