Location: Lisnowo, Poland
Surnames/tags: Lisnowo Polish_Roots German_Roots
How To Join
Add tag people who lived in Gross Leistenau, Grudziadz, West Prussia
The village of Lisnowo
Lisnowo is a village about 1.5 km from Szarnosia. They find there, among others shops, open even up to the 22nd, church, buildings of a former farmstead and a palace surrounded by a partly devastated garden.
Palace The palace was erected probably thanks to Paweł von Biberstein-Orzechowski's efforts, and its construction was completed in 1696. He obtained the current shape just before the mid-nineteenth century, when he became the property of August Peterson.
It is a building in the eclectic style, made of brick and plastered, with a whole basement cell. Storied with a residential attic, set on an irregular plan, with a richly fragmented body. It is covered with a pseudo-wizard roof with dormers. The eight-axial front elevation with a three-axis projection, which is preceded by a pillar porch carrying the first-floor balcony. In the western part of this elevation there is a pentagonal, three-story lookout tower, finished with a polygonal, sharp roof.
Out of the farm buildings, the granary and stable built during the Peterson's era deserve attention. Near the palace there is a former ruler with a rich eclectic architectural detail. The palace is surrounded by a landscape park, founded in the mid-nineteenth century, now very neglected but interesting in terms of dendrology. Among the old trees there are 20 natural monuments. Currently, the palace is under the management of the Stud Farm in Nowe Jankowice.