Location: Ottersheim, Germersheim, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
In 2015 a research had been performed on the Hanck family from Ottersheim near Landau. Its member Anton Hanck immigrated to the USA, where he married Barbara Kröper, who also came from Ottersheim.
Send a Private Message to Stephen P Hank if you would like of PDF copy of the Hanck Report.
In 2016 another research was carried out to learn about the background of the Kröper family. The results are presented in this report. For the sake of completeness this report includes Barbara Kröper's birth record and Johann Georg Kröper's marriage record, which had already been part of the Hanck research report. It turned out that the Kröpers lived in Ottersheim throughout from the 17th century, so everything said about Ottersheim in the Hanck research report is of meaning to the Kröper family as well.
Send a Private Message to Stephen P Hank if you would like of PDF copy of the Kröper Report.
The situation regarding the availability of records of the 1800s is rather good, modest for the latter part of the 1700s, and rather poor before about 1730, with church records starting in 1732 only.
Professional research performed by:
- Uwe Porten Professional Research
- Mainzer Strasse 41
- D-55411 Bingen am Rhein
Research commissioned by:
- Stephen P Hank
- 5th great-grandson of Joannes Marcus Hanck of Ottersheim, 1st great-grandfather of Anton Hanck
- 3rd great-grandson of John George Kröper [Kroeper] of Ottersheim, father of Barbara Kröper
Ottersheim Emigrant Research
- Ottersheim : im Landkreis Germersheim; ein Heimatbuch zur 1200-Jahrfeier des Dorfes im Jahre 1968 / Fritz Steegmüller, URN:NBN:DE: 0128-1-24110 (German Version)
- Ottersheim by Landau: A Home Town History Charleston, SC; Amazon Publishing, 2013, ISBN-13: 978-147937428 (English Version)