Location: Hanworth, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
Surnames/tags: colman hanworth thurgarton
Note on formatting:
- New additions since the last census are bolded.
- If a member is new or is not present on the next census, their movement is noted in italics (if known), except if they are new children born since the last census.
- Large households have been split out on their own page.
These are large households with multiple census records and across different parishes.
Children of Thomas Colman
- Samuel Colman and Judith Neal's household (abt. 1841 - ????)
- Jonathan Colman and Mary Bishop's household (pre-1841?)
- Elizabeth Colman's household (pre-1841?)
Children of Jonathan Colman and Mary Bishop
- Samuel Colman and Maria Clipperton's household (abt. 1841 - abt. 1881)
- Jonathan Colman and Sophia Ives's household (abt. 1841 - abt. 1871)
- Robert Colman and Harriet Grand's household (abt. 1841 - abt. 1871)
- James Colman and Elizabeth Leacock's household (bef. 1851 - abt. 1891)
Children of Elizabeth Colman
- Matthew Colman and Rebecca Pike's household (abt. 1841 - 1882)
Children of Samuel Colman and Judith Neal
- James Colman and Sarah Neale's household
- Stephen Colman, Elizabeth Park and Maria Greenacre's household
- Thomas Colman and Elizabeth Bumphrey's household
Children of Matthew Colman and Rebecca Pike
- William Colman and Sophia Cole's household (1851 - 1910)
- Charles Colman, Eliza Clements and Eliza Body's household (1862 - aft. 1911)
- James Colman and Louisa Ramm's household
Children of Samuel Colman and Maria Clipperton
- John Colman, Harriett Hooker and Elizabeth Slater's household (1853 - abt. 1919)
- Robert Colman and Harriet Culley's household (1861 - ????)
Children of Robert Colman and Harriet Grand
Children of William Colman and Sophia Cole
Other Colman households in Hanworth
Elizabeth Marks' household
- Elizabeth Marks, 70.
- What happened to Elizabeth?
- Thomas Colman, 100.
- Thomas died in 1841.
Jonathan Colman and Sarah Wilkins's household
Household formed by the marriage of Jonathan Colman and Sarah Barney (née Wilkins) on 23 Dec 1893.
1901 Census (#8 White Post Road)
- Jonathan Colman, 46, farm worker.
- Sarah (Wilkins) Colman (1850-), 48, born Happisburgh.
- Jonathan, 6.
- James Colman (1896-), 4.
1911 Census (#52)
- Jonathan, 57, horseman, married 18 years, 2 children.
- Sarah (Wilkins) Colman (1850-), wife, 59, born Happisburgh.
- Jonathan, 17, gardener.
- James Colman (1896-), 15, labourer.
Richard Colman and Alice Colman's household
In 1901 the household lived in North Walsham.
1911 Census (#59)
- Richard Colman, 37, married 13 years, 8 children, 7 living.
- Alice Elizabeth Colman, wife, 37.
- Robert, 12.
- Mary Harriet Sophia Colman (1900-), 10, born North Walsham.
- William Colman (1901-), 9, born North Walsham.
- Richard James Colman (1903-), 7, born North Walsham.
- Alice Amy Colman (1906-), 5.
- Arthur Henry Colman (abt.1909-), 1.
- Albert Edward Colman (1911-), 1 month.
Robert Colman and Sarah Pumphery's household
Household formed by marriage of Robert and Sarah in Nov 1868.
1871 Census (house #50)
- Robert, 26, blacksmith, born Hanworth.
- Sarah, 21, wife, born North Walsham.
- Frederick, son, 1, born Hanworth.
What happened after 1871?
Other Colmans in Thurgarton
Robert Colman's household
- Robert Colman, 50, vermin killer, born Thurgarton.
Mary Colman's household
- Mary Colman, widowed, 47, housekeeper, born Neatishead.
- Mary Ann Colman, widow, 56, housekeeper, born Neatishead.
James Colman and Sarah's household
- James Colman, 50, stockman, born Bessingham.
- Sarah Colman, 50, born Wickmere.
- Robert James Colman, 21, horseman, born Aldborough.
- Thomas William Colman, 15, labourer, born Aldborough.
- Alice May Colman, 12, born Aldborough.
- Herbert George Colman, 10, born Barningham Winter.
Colmans in Non-Colman households in Hanworth
- Anne Colman, 53.
1851 Census (house #38)
- Ann Colman, 37, dairy servant.
1851 Census (house #37)
- John Colman, 20, farm servant.
1861 Census (house #8)
- Susan Colman, 10 (16?), servant, dairymaid, born Hanworth.
1861 Census (house #11)
- Robert Colman, lodger, 32, ag lab.
1871 Census (house #48)
- Charles Colman, lodger, 19, ag lab, born Hanworth.
Colmans in Non-Colman households in Thurgarton
- James Colman, servant, 16, born Hanworth.
- Samuel Colman, lodger, 60, farm labourer, born Thurgarton.
- Samuel Colman, lodger, 74, agricultural labourer, born Thurgarton.
- Ann Colman, general servant, 19, born Thurgarton.
- Hannah Colman, 18, housemaid.
- Robert Colman, lodger, 46, farm labourer, born Hanworth.
- George Colman, lodger, widower, 60,m ag. lab., born Hanworth.