Surnames/tags: Harbrow Harbon Harbron
About the Project
The Harbron Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Harbron name (including Harbrow, Harbon, Harborn, Harbourne, Harburn, etc). The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Harbron name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Harbrons), by time period (18th Century Harbrons), or by topic (Harbron DNA, Harbron Occupations, Harbron Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Harbron Name Study first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
What to do after joining
- Add the Harbron One-Name Study template to the top of your Harbron family profiles, just below the ==Biography== line. (The code is directly below the image to the right)
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
To Do List
- Create new Harbron logo to replace the standard one name study blue logo
- Begin analyzing data and publish some reports here
- Feature families who emigrated to specific countries
Visit Harbron/Harbrow/Harbon/Harban Profiles on Wikitree
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
Additional variants: Harborn, Harburn, Habron
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Loralee Hutton and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)