A barque of 262 tons under command of Captain Thomas Fewson arrived on 20 October 1837 from London and Gravesend via Torquay, the Cape of Good Hope and Nepean Bay on Kangaroo Island to the South Australian Colony.
She was carrying general cargo and passengers to the fledgling colony.
Passenger Lists etc.
- The original manifest http://www.samemory.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?a=10&c=5126&mode=singleImage
- The Skeleton Closet http://gekkos.tripod.com/ships/hartley.htm
- 11/05/1837 - 20/10/1837 & 15/05/1837 - 22/10/1837 from the Passengers in History website, an initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum. first accessed online on the 29th of March, 2020 at: http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/945531 & http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/1000691
- HARTLEY 1837 from Diane Cumming's BOUND FOR SOUTH AUSTRALIA website. first accessed online on the 29th of March, 2020 at: https://bound-for-south-australia.collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/1837Hartley.htm
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)