Location: Hastings, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
Surnames/tags: cemeteries New_Zealand
This cemetery is administered by Hastings District Council. The Council database contains more than 57,000 records from the four Hastings cemeteries (Hastings, Havelock North, Mangaroa and Puketapu) and cremations.
For all enquiries contact:
+64 6 878 8255
+64 6 878 8605
Grave concern (in 2018) that Hastings will run out of burial space, has led to a council decision expand Mangaroa Cemetery. Councillors voted to expand Mangaroa Cemetery, freeing up space for an extra 5206 plots, which it is estimated will last almost 42 years. Statistics provided in 2018 show on average 124 bodies are interred in cemeteries across Hastings each year, with 714 cremations and 200 ash interments.
- Find-a-Grave - this has 6582 entries.
- BillionGraves - this has 1019 entries.
- Hastings District Council Cemetery database search
- Hastings Council Cemetery information
- Bright Ernest Williams 1897-2003 - Military Figure. He was the last surviving New Zealand veteran of World War I. He served as a Rifleman in the 3rd Battalion, New Zealand Rifle Brigade, and was severely wounded on October 12, 1917 during the Battle of Passchendaele. When he died at age 105 he was the last of the 100,444 New Zealanders to serve in the war.