Location: Cornwall, England
Surnames/tags: Hawke Hawk
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
The initial goal is to just work on the Hawke family that originated from Cornwall, and then may have emigrated to other parts of the world.
Many of the current profiles on WikiTree are very confused and often profiles have been lumped together under a common father's name where there might in fact be a number of different men with the same name, from different parts of Cornwall. Many of the profiles are also unsourced.
- Sort out existing profiles on WikiTree according to Parish
- Source them appropriately.
Hauck—Many Germanic families named Hauck morphed in the United States to Hawk or Hawke. Hauck is derived from the Germanic given name and surname Hugo, meaning "Bright in Mind and Spirit" or "intelligence".
- ↑ Konrad Kunze (1998), "Bodenerhebungen", dtv-Atlas Namenkunde (in German), dtv-Band 2490 (1 ed.), München: dtv, p. 97, ISBN 3-423-03266-9
- ↑ Albert Dauzat, Les noms et prénoms de France, éditions Larousse, 1980, foreword by Marie-Thérèse Morlet. p. 333.
I intend on initially using the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks (OPC) transcriptions database as the main source, and then add original records as I have time.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and John Atkinson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)