Surnames/tags: Hecox Hickox Hickok
About the Project
The Hecox Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Hecox name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Hecox name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Hecox's), by time period (18th Century Hecox's), or by topic (Hecox DNA, Hecox Occupations, Hecox Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Hecox Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
If a research page does not yet exist for your particular area of interest, please contact the Name Study Coordinator: Dylan Hecox for assistance.
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- Index of Hecox profiles
- William Hickock is the progenitor of nearly all Hecoxs in the United States
- The Hickok Genealogy: Descendants of William Hickocks of Farmington, Connecticut, with ancestry of Charles Nelson Hickok (1938) by Charles Nelson Hickok
- The Hecox Genealogy: Descendants of William Hickok of Farmington, Connecticut (1969) by Leon Cuthbert Hecox and Edna Hecox Melvin
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Dylan Hecox. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)