The goal of this project is to unearth as much information about Colonel Herman Thorn (1783-1859), his wife Jane, and their twelve children - for a biography.
The Thorn's lived in New York and Paris in the 1800's, and their story is lavish, entertaining, and tragic. Many previously unconnected relatives have already united over this story already, and we are looking to grow our tribe.
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Marianne de Pierres. You can read about my progress here: https://colonelthorn.home.blog/
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- finding any photos or portraiture of the family and their in-laws
- tracking down which winery the Thorn Champagne originated from
- finding out how James Jancey Jr died in France
- finding out who Jane [nee Jauncey] Thorn's actress mother might have been
Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send me a private message. Thanks!
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Maybe relevant to add this link in the project presentation https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Thorn-Descendants-1520, so that your wealth of cousins at various degrees can see where they fit in the descendancy.
edited by Bernard Vatant