The voyage of the immigrant ship Herschel to the South Australian Colony in 1876-1877
The ship Herschel left Hamburg on 25 September 1876 and arrived at Port Adelaide on 11 January 1877. from Passengers in History, SA Maritime Museum
Captain John Kammann and surgeon-superintendent Dr. Halff with 302 German immigrants in the steerage.
Passenger Lists etc.
- SHIPPING NEWS. from the Adelaide Observer (SA : 1843 - 1904) of Saturday 13 January 1877, Page 2. first accessed online on the 10th of April, 2020 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/159447902?
- MISCELLANEOUS SHIPPING. from The Express and Telegraph (Adelaide, SA : 1867 - 1922) of Saturday 13 January 1877, Page 2. first accessed online on the 10th of April, 2020 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/208181311?
- South Australian Register, 29 January 1877, page 6, Charges Against the Captain of the Herschel, https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/40791902
- South Australian Register, 24 Feb 1877, page 3, The Immigrant Ship Herschel, https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/40785735
- South Australian Register, January 30 1877, page 7, Immigrants per the Herschel, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article40789920
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)