Location: 396 Old Kingston Rd, Scarborough, ON M1C 1B6
Highland Creek Wesleyan Cemetery.
See Highland Creek Wesleyan Cemetery category page to view wikitree profiles for people buried in this cemetery and other details.
Resources for Further Research
Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS) The OGS has transcribed most cemeteries in Toronto and this data is available for purchase through their website at OGS – Toronto Branch
- OGS Toronto Cemetery Map (Map ID: SCR-006)
- OGS cemetery ID: 4842 (See Highland Creek Wesleyan Cemetery for more information)
The Ontario Name Index (TONI) Another resource provided by the Ontario Genealogical Society is The Ontario Name Index (TONI) which provides a searchable index of names. These names are linked to a number of different sources of data including cemetery transcriptions. It does not provide this source information but only where to find it. Most sources are available for purchase via the OGS (Note: this database includes all of Ontario and it is massive. Nevertheless, it may prove helpful place to start).
Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid (OCFA) Another excellent tool for searching cemetery records in Ontario is the Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid (OCFA). This is a comprehensive searchable database of cemeteries and family names. The site does not have links to transcriptions or provide details about the individual you may be searching for, but it is very helpful for quickly locating the burial location of someone in Ontario to guide your next steps for research.
Contact List for Major Cemeteries in Toronto. The City of Toronto maintains a number of cemeteries once the original owner/operator was no longer able to carry out this responsibility. A list of these cemeteries – closed but maintained by the City of Toronto – is available on the Toronto City website.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)