Location: Hillsborough, County Down, Ireland
This page is part of the Ireland Cemeteries Team.
- Hillsborough Friends Burial Ground category for people buried in this burial ground.
There are two Quaker burial grounds in Hillsborough. The older one is in the grounds of Hillsborough Castle, and there are no headstones there and probably never were. The more recent one is in Park Street, in the grounds of the Meeting House. Unfortunately, the dates the two were in use are not easy to ascertain from online sources, though they may correspond to the dates of the two Meeting Houses they were adjacent to. The one in the Castle Grounds - formerly on the Old Moira Road - was built in 1699, and the newer one in 1748.
The FindAGrave summary says there are 10 stones at the Park Street Burial Ground. However photos taken by local Quakers show more than this. They have been transcribed and published by the Ulster Historical Foundation.
- FindAGrave information about Park Street Friends Burial Ground
- Short video about the Moira Road Burial Ground
- Hillsborough Castle grounds map, showing Moira Road Burial Ground at number 9
- Photos of both the old and new burial grounds taken by local Quakers
- Genuki page