Location: United States
Historic-genealogy of the Kirk family, as established by Roger Kirk
Historic-genealogy of the Kirk family, as established by Roger Kirk.
- by Charles H. Stubbs and Rachel Kirk Price.
- published by Wylie & Griest, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1872.
- Worldcat:index of editions and formats.
The intent of the volume was to compile "a record of the names, births, marriages and deaths of all the Kirks, and their descendants, from the time of the settlement in this country of our common ancestor — Roger Kirk — to a period that will include those of the latest generation."
Dates are listed in Friends [Quaker] plain [calendar] style, i.e. 1767, 11, 12 which represents 12 November 1767, but no mention is made about any adjustments of dates for old style (pre-1753) and new style (post-1752) calendars. Based on a clarifying notation in the Nottingham Monthly Meeting records , the dates in this Kirk genealogy are not adjusted to the new style, so consider their usage judiciously.
- Source Example:
- <span id='Stubbs'></span>Stubbs, Charles H. ''[[Space:Historic-genealogy of the Kirk family, as established by Roger Kirk|Historic-genealogy of the Kirk family, as established by Roger Kirk]]'' (Wylie & Griest, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1872)
- Inline Citation Example:
- <ref>[[#Stubbs|Stubbs]]: Page 134.</ref>
Available online at these locations:
- Nottingham Monthly Meeting. Nottingham Monthly Meeting (Nottingham Monthly Meeting, Cecil, Maryland, 1900)
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)