Historic_Factories_in_the_Town_of_Perth.jpg

Historic Factories in the Town of Perth

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: Perth, Lanark, Ontariomap
Profile manager: Amy Gilpin private message [send private message]
This page has been accessed 347 times.

Lanark County One Place Study > Historic Factories in the Town of Perth, Ontario

This page is part of the Lanark County One Place Study and contains photos and stories related to the industrial history of Perth, Lanark County, Ontario.

Wampole

Wampole Office, Dec 1955

Henry K. Wampole and his business partners established a production plant in Perth, Ontario in 1893, where they began producing Cod Liver Oil.[1] The plant soon began to produce other pharmaceuticals, such as Grape Salts, Cetyloid, Magnolax, and Hygeol Antiseptic.[2] The original plant was located in the south-east end of town, near the railyard, but relocated to a new building in 1960, in the north end of town, on Highway 7. This building was demolished in 2014.[3]

Photo Credit: Images attached to this page were donated to this study and the Lanark County Genealogical Society in 2021, by David Nikkel.

Sources

  1. Company Website: Our Story; (accessed: 23 Mar 2021).
  2. Blog: Perth Remembered Product List (accessed: 23 Mar 2021)
  3. Newspaper Article; Inside Ottawa Valley; Wampole Memories; (accessed: 23 Mar 2021)




Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.