Location: Clermont County, Ohio
History of Clermont County, Ohio
with illustrations and biographical sketches of its prominent men and pioneers.
- by J.L. Rockey and R.J. Bancroft.
- published by L.H. Everts, Philadelphia, 1880.
Available online at these locations:
Table of Contents
- I. — The Ohio Valley and Geography of the Present County
- II. — Geology and Mineralogy
- III. — Meteorology of Southwestern Ohio
- IV.— The Prehistoric Races
- V. — The Indian Occupancy, and Battle with the Savages in Clermont County
- VI. — Land-Grants, Titles, and Surveys
- VII.— The First White Settlers— Pioneer Life and Incidents
- VIII. — Clermont County formed, Boundaries and Sub divisions
- IX. — The County Buildings — Interesting Facts connected with their History
- X.— The County Officers
- XI. — Commissioners' Early Proceedings — How Matters were Managed Three-quarters of a Century ago
- XII. — Internal Improvements and General Statistics from 1824 to 1879
- XIII. — Agricultural and Mechanical Societies of the County
- XIV. — Judicial History, Notable Trials, Names of Court Officers, and Justices of the Peace for a Period of Eighty Years
- XV. — Political History of the County, State and National Officers, Statistics, and the Underground Railroad
- XVI. — The Learned Professions and County Medical Societies
- XVII. — History of the Press and Authors
- XVIII. — Educational and Religious, Teachers' Institute, and Sabbath-School Union
- XIX. — Distinguished Citizens of Clermont — Pioneers, Ministers, Public Men
- XX.— Military History— Rosters of Soldiers of 1812, the Mexican War, and the Rebellion, with the Morgan Raid Claims
- History of the Townships and Villages of Clermont County
- Batavia and Village of Batavia
- Williamsburgh and Village of Williamsburgh
- Tate and Village of Bethel
- Franklin and Village of Felicity
- Washington and Villages of Neville and Moscow
- Ohio and Village of New Richmond
- Miami and Villages of Milford and Loveland
- Stonelick and Village of Boston
- No errors in this publication have been identified. When found, please list the problem(s) here, and include a link to a source that describes the problem.
- ''[[Space: History of Clermont County, Ohio| History of Clermont County, Ohio]]'' (L.H. Everts, Philadelphia, 1880), [ Page ].