Other: Family Genealogies
History of the Slayton Family
- Biographical and Genealogical
- by Asa Walker Slayton, 1830 -1907
- published by Dean Printing Co.,Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1893
Available online at these locations:
- <span id='Slayton'></span>Slayton, Asa Walker ''[[Space: History of the Slayton Family| History of the Slayton Family]]'' (Grand Rapids, Mich, 1893), [ Page ].
Table of Contents
- Why this Book Was Written
- Plan of the Book
- Sources of Information
- Origin of the Name Slayton
- Similar Names
- Characteristics of the Slaytons
- Geographical Marks
- First Generation, the L,one One. No. 1
- Second Generation, Brothers and Sister. Nos. 2 to 4
- Third Generation, Brothers and Sisters. Nos. 5 to 13
- Fourth Generation, Brothers, Sisters and Cousins, Nos. 14 to 62
- Fifth Generation, Brothers, Sisters, first and second Cousins, Nos. 63 to 272
- Sixth Generation, Brothers, Sisters, first, second and third cousins, Nos. 273 to 677
- Seventh Generation, Brothers, Sisters, first, second, third and fourth Cousins, Nos. 678 to 1161
- Eighth Generation, Brothers, Sisters, first, second, third, fourth and fifth Cousins, Nos. 1162 to 1387
- Ninth Generation, Sisters, Cousins and fourth Cousin to date 1898, Nos. 1388 to 1393
- Some Picnic Tables (Statistics)
- About Brookfield
- Index to Civil and Military Service
- Index of Christian Names of Slaytons
- Index of Surnames
- Index of Surnames, Consorts of Slayttons (Other than Slaytons)
Errata and subsequent history
- Some errors in this publication have been identified, and obviously, any ramifications after 1907 would be after the death of the author. Some stories reported to the author were trusted without possibility of verification. Marriages ending with divorce but no children were not recorded, according to the author. When errors are found, please list the problem(s) here, and include a link to a source that describes the problem.
- See Nathan H. Slayton (1794-) for unconfirmed story about disappearance.
- See Thomas Slayton (1775-1823) and wife Susannah (Dake) Slayton (1777-1833), Asa incorrectly recorded her birth surname as Drake.
- See George Palmer Slayton (1818-aft.1880) for a story similar to that of Nathan Slayton, which proved to be false.
- See George Alonzo Slayton (1847-1939) for the sad fate of material compiled by Asa W. Slayton and attempts to continue his work by his uncle.