Location: Richmond, Virginia
Hollywood Cemetery is a large, sprawling cemetery located at 412 South Cherry Street in Richmond, Virginia. Characterized by rolling hills and winding paths overlooking the James River, it is the resting place of two United States Presidents, James Monroe and John Tyler, as well as the only Confederate States President, Jefferson Davis. It is also the resting place of 25 Confederate generals, more than any other cemetery in the country. Included are George Pickett and J.E.B. Stuart.
- According to Find a Grave Hollywood Cemetery contains 62,434 total interments of which 134 are considered famous individuals
(sorted in order of demise)
Famous Internments in Hollywood Cemetery
- Elizabeth Kortright Monroe wife of President James Monroe Died September 23, 1830 in Oak Hill, Loudon County, Virginia, USA
- James Monroe 5th President of the United States, Died July 4, 1831 in New York City, New York, USA
- John Tyler 10th President of the United States, Died January 18, 1862 in Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Jefferson Davis President of the Confederate States of America, Died December 6, 1889 in New Orleans, LA
Hollywood Cemetery on Find a Grave
Hollywood Cemetery on Wikipedia
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 27 Sep 2017 at 12:49 GMT Lisa Franklin RN, BSN wrote:
On 8 May 2015 at 01:43 GMT Vic Watt wrote:
Would you please change the Category: Virginia Cemeteries
Category: Richmond, Virginia, Cemeteries?
Thanks!, Much appreciated. Vic
On 17 Feb 2014 at 01:46 GMT Nae (Lockhart) X wrote: