Immigrant Ship Hooghley/Hooghly sailed 9 August 1851 - November 27 1851
Nov. 27. — Hooghly, ship, 465 tons, J. Durrant, commander, from London, via Ply-mouth, 19th August. Passengers (cabin)— Mr and Mrs James Brock and child, Mr and Mrs James Diamon and child, Mr G. Watt, Mrs G. Watt and family. A. T. Anderson, Esq., Surgeon-superintendent, and 229 Government Emigrants in tho steerage. Agents, Dalgety, Gore & Co.
IMPORTS. November 27— Per HOOGHLEY, from London, 6 bales, 60 cases, Westgarth Ross & Co ; ; 600 deals, 56 tons coals, 92 butts, 3 cans, 14 cases; Dalgetty Gore A Co ; 11 cases, l box, Griffiths Fanning & Co ; 3 cans 4 cases, 1 bundle, F Bryant; 6 cases. K Westby & Co; 3 cases C Clarke; 2 cases, 22 trusses, Jackson Roe A Co 1 case, A Wilson ; 4 hhds, 3 quarter casks J B Were & Co ; 1 case A Murphy : 7 casks. 10 kegs, C P Corrie; 1 case, Burrell , 1 cask, F Cooper & Co ; 4 casks. S Harding: 3 cases, A Charoni : 4 cases S H Harris & Co; 12 cases, 1 bale, Heape & Grice ; 4 casks, 2 hhds 2 bot-tles E Smith: case, W Roycroft, 12 cases, 15 bales, Order.
The Hooghly has had a very good passage from Plymouth of 99 days. Five deaths oc-curred on the passage, in every instance contin-ed to children, and one birth. The Emigrants appear to be very well adapted for the colony, being principally from the Highlands of Scot-land, with a few English and Irish. We are much indebted to Robert M'Kay, Esq. acting Health officer, for procuring us a copy of the manifest. Our reporter not being allowed on board, through some foolish whim of the Immi-gration agent. we cannot give their classification.
The Hooghly spoke on the passage the Black-wall, bound for Sydney, from London.
- From SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. in The Melbourne Daily News (Vic. : 1848 - 1851) of Friday 28 November 1851, Page 2. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/226914244?
- Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) Assisted passenger lists (1839-1871) Record Series Number (VPRS): 14
- The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) of Friday 28 November 1851
- Geelong Advertiser (Vic. : 1847 - 1851) of Saturday 29 November 1851
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)