Location: U.S.A. and Wales
Hopkin Thomas was a Welsh engineer working in the iron and coal industry, emigrating to America in 1834. He eventually became Chief Engineer at the Crane Ironworks in Catasauqua, taking over from the founder of the works, his Welsh childhood friend David Thomas. Both men contributed significantly to the development of the iron and anthracite industries in America.
The Hopkin Thomas Project is a product of the descendants of Hopkin Thomas, David Thomas, and other families, and contains historical information and also a very large family tree connecting all these families. The family tree is a significant secondary source for Wikitree, and provides pointers to some useful primary sources.
The David Thomas section was largely derived from Meriam Schmieg's "David Thomas Descendant list of 16th Dec 2003", and her subsequent work on Catasauqua cemetery.
- The web site is:
- Further information about maintenance of the family tree is at:
- An index to the profiles, or "Person Sheets" of many of the people in the family tree is at:
- A list of the sources used is at:
This Free Space Profile is provided to minimise the effect of future re-location or reorganisation of the project website. Please be aware that references may also exist from the website to WikiTree, and try to avoid circular references.
To link here from a WikiTree profile, write:<ref>[[Space:Hopkin Thomas Project|The Hopkin Thomas Project]]</ref>
To link directly to a Person Page, write like (changing the ps elements and the full name and access date):<ref name=personsheet>[[Space:Hopkin Thomas Project|The Hopkin Thomas Project]]; [https://thehopkinthomasproject.com/TheHopkinThomasProject/FamilyTies/BiographicalData/ps99/ps99_999.htm Person Sheet for Still Another Thomas]. Accessed Jan 9999</ref>
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: David Barrington, Susan Barrington, and John McVey. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)