Surnames/tags: O_Reilly Hotels
What is now the "Country Life Hotel was built a decade after the installation of a road across the ranges to serve the timber industry. It follows the classic style of weatherboard pubs, with wide colonial verandahs and a corrugated iron roof.
The Hotel gained notoriety in the 1960s when Sean Connery and Diane Cilento stayed there, giving Room 3 the nickname of “The James Bond Suite”. As well as hosting Sean Connery and Diane Cilento, the pub featured in the movie, Silent Reach, starring Robert Vaugh, Helen Morse and Graham Kennedy.
- The hotel was allegedly won and lost in several poker games during the 1920s.
- A collection of hats above the bar belongs to past patrons of the Country Life Hotel who are no longer there to bend the elbow.
- A massive plank of blue gum is bolted to the wall behind the bar.
- Now a great mix of pub and museum, you can find a display of timber history photos and historical mem-orabilia – or pub-orabilia – from the 1900s.
John Slade built the first Kin Kin General Store located where the Country Life Hotel now resides. It was subsequently moved by William Rohan by bullocks up the road in 1914 to make way for the Country Life Hotel." 
Licencee Peter O'Reilly
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)