Surnames/tags: Huckvale Huckvaulle
About the Project
The Huckvale Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Huckvale name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Huckvale name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Huckvales), by time period (18th Century Huckvales), or by topic (Huckvale DNA, Huckvale Occupations, Huckvale Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
- Do all the Huckvales originate from Robert Huckvale of Oxford?
- Can the family be pushed back in time before Robert Huckvale? I have seen some trees suggest a father for him, but none that I have seen so far give a source beyond the Millenium File.
- How do the Hokkevales of Stoud from the late 14th century relate?
How to Join
To join the Huckvale Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- Unattributable Artcles: Articles about Huckvales which can't be narrowed down to a specific individual.
- Wills: Wills by, or involving, the Huckvales.
- Other Sources: Other sources involving the Huckvales.
- Research Notes
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Huckwale - so far, just in the 1861 census of Leeds.
- Huckfield - this one so far pops up just in Warwickshire. Perhaps something to do with the local accent. Certainly there is an f/v switch found more frequently as one goes back in time.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Nicholas Adams and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)