Surnames/tags: Igo Igoe Igou
About the Project
The Igo Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Igo name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Igo name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Igos), by time period (18th Century Igos), or by topic (Igo DNA, Igo Occupations, Igo Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
- identify name origins and distribution
- identify known lines
- create sourced profiles for all known Igos
How to Join
To join the Igo Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- What members are working on
- Igo Name Study Maintenance Categories indicating tasks to be done on study pages or profiles
- Origins of the Igo name
- Known family lines currently being researched:
- DNA Findings Summarized (volunteer coordinator needed)
- Unsourced Igo Profiles - Click the link and then click the Get Profiles button
- Unconnected Igo Profiles - please help find relatives so that they may eventually connect to the main public tree. Click the link and then click the Get Profiles button
- Orphaned Igo Profiles - please consider adopting Igo profiles that have no Profile Manager and need work. Adding Igo Name Study Maintenance Categories (from above) will include them in the lists for others to help improve. Click the link and then click the Get Profiles button
- Jonathan Crawford - Researching United States lineage by finding all Igo (and variant) names listed in each Federal and State Census, and linking to profiles on Wikitree. Specifically researching the descendants of Louis Igou (a.k.a. Henri Jourdain Louis Igouffe) see United States Igo lineage for more info
- Debbie (Johnson) Ferguson
- John Igoe - Researching Igoe lineage in Roscommon, Ireland.
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
Additional variants:Igon, Igouffe
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Jonathan Crawford. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)