Once your results information is in mitoYDNA.org then your mitoYDNA.org ID can be added to your DNA Test information page in WikiTree. DNA test taker must enter their own DNA information (e.g. mitoYDNA.org ID) on their profile's DNA Test page. If the test taker is deceased, then someone who has access to the tester's Family Tree DNA account can upload to mitoYDNA and enter the deceased tester's Y-DNA information (e.g. mitoYDNA ID) on the tester's DNA Test information page in WikiTree).
Register at mitoYDNA.org
Register at mitoYDNA.org
Login to FTDNA
Sign into your “myFTDNA” page at Family Tree DNA
Make note of:
- Your Family Tree DNA kit number.
- Date your Y-DNA test was completed.
- Y-DNA Haplogroup reported in your FTDNA results
- Earliest known direct patrilineal line ancestor’s name, date and place for his birth and death (enter 01 if day or month is unknown)
- A web address (URL) for his direct paternal line descendants (e.g. https://www.wikitree.com/treewidget/Elding-15/890 )
Follow these instructions for downloading your Y-DNA results into mitoYDNA.
Login to mitoYDNA.org
- Login to mitoYDNA.org
- On the menu bar at the top, click on Kits
- On the Kits page, click on the "Create New Kit" button
On the Create New Kit Page:
- Select kit type, then check the boxes to allow Law Enforcement, Medical, Research
- Select testing company (FTDNA)
- Select test type (YDNA)
- Enter date test was taken
- For Testing Company ID enter FTDNA kit number
- Enter testers first name, last name
- Select that the Tester is 18 years of age or over
- Select male for biological gender
- Enter the birth date, birth place, death date, death place, for the Y-DNA tester’s earliest known direct paternal line ancestor.
- In the URL to EKA Tree field enter the Web address for the direct paternal line descendant chart for the tester’s earliest known direct paternal line ancestor. (e.g. https://www.wikitree.com/treewidget/Elding-15/890 )
- Enter the tester’s reported Y haplogroup (e.g. R-M269 etc).
- In the Additional Information enter any clarifying notes or information such as which dates are estimated, Y SNP trail (e.g. M170>M253>DF29>Z58>Z59>Z2041>BY173422 ), unusual haplotype values, ancient origin for haplogroup, etc.
- Click on the Choose File button and navigate to where you downloaded the CSV file.
- Click on the Create button
- Go to the WikiTree DNA test Information page for you.
- Scroll to your Y-DNA test and click on the "Edit or Enter More Details" button
- Scroll to the mitoYDNA ID field and enter your mitoYDNA ID
You are done!