Location: Ames, Iowa
History of the Iowa State Chapter of the Delta Chi Fraternity:
Created and founded October 13, 1923 by the merger of 2 local Iowa State fraternities, Sigma Sigma (ΣΣ) and the Hau Ki's (Hawkeyes). The farm style 3-story fraternity house at 405 Hayward Avenue was the original house build in 1923 by the Sigma Sigmas (now on the National Landmark list) The Delta Chi letters badge still greets everyone above the entry portico.
During the 1980's, lunch and dinner was announced by playing Reveille on the chime over the house phone p.a. system. Dinner was preceded by singing the first verse of The Bond of Delta Chi, and concluded by singing the first verse of Fovens Mater. Dinners were family style with plates and bowls of food being passed around the table. Lunch was buffet style. Table manners were pretty well observed, including all brothers standing to seat any women joining the men for dinner.
The fraternity chapter was re-established in 2012 and the current owned house is at 203 Ash Avenue.
Honorable Brothers Killed in Action:
- Mary "Mother Schwendener" 1931-1962 (-)
- Mrs. Ida Watson 1963-1964
- Mrs. Elizabeth "Ma Lampe" 1964-1972 (-)
- Elsie Harbin - Spring 1986 (1915-1986)
- Marion McKinnon (Fall 1986 -
Chapter "A" (presidents):
- 1985 Fall - Jim "Ernie" Struve
- Brian "Beef" Bierschenk
- Eric "E.Q." Quee
- 1989 Spring - Russ Gunther
- 2012 - John Lieser
- 2017 - Harrison McCarey
- 2018 - Tyler Beers
- 2019 - Timothy Stowell
- 2020 - Nicholas Sullivan
- 2021 - Ryan Gasper
- 2022 -
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)