Welcome to the Ireland DNA Team
- Goal: To Assist the DNA project in integrating DNA tests and Irish Profiles in reaffirming genealogical lines.
- Responsibilities: Insure all profiles are well sourced and well written.
- What we do: Help people organize, answer questions and expand their Irish DNA connections.
- Who should Join: Anyone interested in Irish DNA
- How to join: Send your request to Rich Devlin if you have the Ireland Badge.
- Leader: Rich Devlin
- Members: Please add what you're working on.
- Richard Devlin working on the Jaski Project and Irish Clanns
Here are some of the tasks which need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Identify and list key historical profiles
- Group these in a single category for ease of use of the new My Connection button. Completed
- Big Y Project
- Coordinate with Wikitree DNA Project - assign SNP to profile In progress
- Build presentation on how SNP's are assigned to people in progress
- Big Y700 sticker created see John Devlin
- Build Historic Irish Y Irish Tree - See Jaski Project.
- Build Clann structure Irish Clan List on going.
- Contact ftDNA Project Coordinarors and see what SNP's they have been able to assign to historic people/clanns On hold
- Create/Update Irish Kingdoms on going.
- Sur-name clanns related to historic clanns and DNA matkers planning
Key Historical Profiles
- Conn of the Hundred Battles (-0157)
- Brian Boru (abt.0940-1014) - 175th High King of Ireland, 53rd King of Munster, King Leinster
- Saint Patrick (abt.0386-0461)
Y700 Name Studies
See Jaski Project
Irish DNA Type
Over 80% of Irish males are R-L21 • Major Irish clades include:
- Irish Type I- R-M222
- Irish Type II - R-CTS4466
- Irish Type III - R-L226
- Clan Colla - R-S971 /DYS425 Null
- YouTube - Y-DNA: How SNPs Are Added to the Y Haplotree
- The Irish DNA Atlas: Revealing Fine-Scale Population Structure and History within Ireland
- Irish Type II (CTS4466) - Irish Type III (L226) - Munster I (L362) - R-L362
- Irish type III DNA - the Dál gCais sept of Thomond.
- DNA vs Irish Annals
- AN EXPLORATION OF IRISH SURNAME HISTORY THROUGH PATRILINEAL GENETICS by Stephanie Kay Farmer, A Thesis]
- Research your Clan using DNA and Documentary Records – Dr Maurice Gleeson YouTube
- The Cenél nEógain & “Royal O’Neills” by Dwayne O'Neill July 2021 - YoutubeInternational Society of Genetic Genealogy (2017). Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree 2018, Version: 13.307, Date: Date: 24 December 2018, http://www.isogg.org/tree/ Date of access: 6 Aug 2021.
- International Society of Genetic Genealogy (2017). Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree 2018, Version: Number given at top of Main Page, Date: Date given at top of Main Page, http://www.isogg.org/tree/
- Fehér, Tibor High Resolution Paternal Genetic History of Ireland and its Implications for Demographic History
Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, or send me a private message. Thanks!
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Richard Devlin and Ireland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)