|Irish Eponym Names||Irish Kingdoms||High Kings of Ireland||Irish Clan List Category||Category: Name studies|
|Ulaid (Érainn?)||Laigin||Eóganachta||Connachta||Dál gCais|
Under Construction. This was the first attempt to track Haplogroups assigned to Historic profiles. Due to the large number of these Haplogroups a new approch is needed and this page is for referance only. If you have any questions, leave a note below or PM Devlin-670 19:24, 31 August 2022 (UTC)
With the advent of the Big Y-700 test, FamilyTreeDNA group project leaders are finding likely DNA markers for historical people. This Project Page lists the ones found. If any one finds new markers, you can add it to the list or leave a note at the bottom of this page and it will be added. This is still in the proposal level, so let me know if you have any ideas or questions.
|Marker||Est. Yr.||Progenitor||Clan Page||Clan Category|
|Z16282||Charles Carroll (1737-1832)|
|BY37245 >?||John O'Malley (1795-)|
Notes from David Robert Charles Mac Donagh: I found after working with the O’Conor Don's data is that there is one mutation per man (the same as YFull and Iain), 30 years per generation on average, and a new mutation every other generation or every 60 years on average. These are any kind of mutations, SNPs, INDELs, etc., but not STRs, and not just SNPs like YFull's and Iain's methods use. Here is my very rough table. The order in which mutations (Marker) occurred within a multiple mutation phylogenetic node is completely unknown, so those mutations are just used as placeholders and are not meant to be taken as representing the chronologically correct order. The Approximated Birth Year (Est. Yr.) is just a convenience that helps confirm the feasibility of my heuristic. Finally, the generation in which a mutation occurred is also just an approximation and could move one generation in either direction.
- Rich Devlin - Working on Irish Clans
- Gina Meyers - Not immediately sure I can help, but I love this idea. I'll keep a lookout.
- Z Fanning - Working on The MacGillaPatricks, MacCarthy and O'Brien branches
- ↑ Dál Cuinn Group genetic genealogy project.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Family Tree DNA Dál Cuinn Group Project - David Robert Charles Mac Donagh
- ↑ Z3008 DNA of The Three Collas, By Four Colla Descendants: Peter Biggins, with Josiah McGuire, Patrick McMahon, and Tom Roderick
- ↑ Yfull R-Z3008
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Family Tree DNA - sons-of-aodh Group Project - Grace (Granuaile Ní Fhlannagáin)
- ↑ Yfull FGC23742
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Family Tree DNA - O'Neill Group Project - Dwayne ONeill
- ↑ Yfull R-S588
- ↑ YouTube The Cenél nEógain & “Royal O’Neills” by Dwayne O'Neill July 2021
- ↑ Yfull R-Z1513
- ↑ Haplogroup S595 -DNA links to the O'Cathains of Ulster: Using Lineages, Surnames and DNA as Supporting Evidence - Dwayne ONeill & Edward Kane 5.0
- ↑ FGC5659 Brian Boru DNA By Peter Biggins
- ↑ Yfull R-FGC5659
- ↑ Z16291 Ely Carroll DNA, By Peter Biggins
- ↑ ftDNA OMalley Group - Maurice Gleeson
- ↑ https://www.libraryireland.com/Pedigrees1/Heber.php
- The Big Tree, Alex Williamson - R1B only - surnames and locarions
- Y Full - dates of branching points
- Clans of Ireland - CLAN DNA PROJECTS
- Scots or Irish
- Z3008 DNA of The Three Collas
- USING DNA TO PINPOINT YOUR IRISH GENETIC HOMELAND
- The Irish DNA Atlas: Revealing Fine-Scale Population Structure and History within Ireland
- Irish Type II (CTS4466) - Irish Type III (L226) - Munster I (L362) - R-L362
- Irish type III DNA - the Dál gCais sept of Thomond.
- DNA vs Irish Annals
- AN EXPLORATION OF IRISH SURNAME HISTORY THROUGH PATRILINEAL GENETICS by Stephanie Kay Farmer, A Thesis]
- The Cenél nEógain & “Royal O’Neills” by Dwayne O'Neill July 2021 - YoutubeInternational Society of Genetic Genealogy (2017). Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree 2018, Version: 13.307, Date: Date: 24 December 2018, http://www.isogg.org/tree/ Date of access: 6 Aug 2021.
- International Society of Genetic Genealogy (2017). Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree 2018, Version: Number given at top of Main Page, Date: Date given at top of Main Page, http://www.isogg.org/tree/
- O'Niall - A SHORT SURNAME HISTORY
- Wikipedia List of Irish Clans
- Irish Clans - Rev. Patrick Woulfe
- Old Irish Kingdoms and Clans
- ISOGG - Y-DNA SNP testing chart
- DNA-vs-Irish-Annals-2017 PDF
- Devlin, (Irish Dobhailéin), Devlin_Name_Study - Notes: G2G to be entered
- Devlin of Tyrone (to be entered, see Devlin name study)
- Dobhailen mac Gormghus - Devlin of Sligo
- Develin (see Devlin)
- Maxwell - "Enter Eponym Here" - Maxwell Name Study - Notes:
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Richard Devlin and Ireland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)