Profile managers: Richard Devlin [send private message] and Ireland Project WikiTree [send private message]
This page has been accessed 894 times.
For a full list see Historical_Sources_of_Ireland
For some pre-1700 sources specific to Kerry
For some pre-1700 sources specific for County Cork and other Irish counties
- Published articles and books with sources cited. Publications through genealogical associations are often peer reviewed as well.
Reliable Sources with Conditions
- Find A Grave, Billiongraves and other cemetery sites would be deemed reliable only when a picture of the headstone is provided. Remember that even grave markers can have errors in name spelling and dates.
- User generated online trees like Geni, MyHeritage, Ancestry, FamilySearch, Rootsweb, Geneanet, etc. These kinds of sites can be used to find details that can lead to reliable sources. Some trees cite sources that can be used for your profiles when you have checked them out. Never use a user generated tree as source.
- Published books, articles and blogs that do not have sources listed.
- Some other sources may be considered Unreliable. For a current list see Category:Frauds_and_Fabrications, EuroAristo_Project_Reliable_Sources, England_Project_Reliable_Sources, and Category:Reliable_Sources_for_Pre-1700_Profiles
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Richard Devlin and Ireland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.