Iron Pot Lighthouse

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: Tasmaniamap
Surname/tag: boon, iron_pot
Profile manager: Brian Boon private message [send private message]
This page has been accessed 363 times.

By the end of 1833 the main tower of stone construction was completed. It stood 75 feet in height and the light was visible for 12-14 miles in clear weather. In those early years it had several changes to the construction and to the light.The picture on the right shows two houses, one for the head keeper and the other for the two assistants built in 1884-85. It was first named the IRON POT Light house, But this was changed to the DERWENT LIGHT HOUSE on June 27th 1884.

ABC News Background of the Iron Pot

Gold Fever.
Iron Pot Sailing Cup.
Storm 1895

  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.