upload image

Iso-Ropo, Kutala, Karkku

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: Kutala, Karkkumap
Surname/tag: Finland
This page has been accessed 61 times.


Henric and Eskill, the Early Iso-Ropos

The earliest known individual from the Iso-Ropo farm is Henric Ropo, who appears in the land records from 1540 to 1552. Eskill Larsson Ropoi appears between 1553 and 1571.

Escil Michelsson and descendants

The next known owners of the farm were Escil Michelsson and Walborg Ericsdotter until 1644, after which the farm was held by their descendants:

  • 1645-1685 son Thomas Escilsson Iso-Ropo (Tuomas Eskonpoika Ropo) with wives Margareta and Brita
  • 1686-1697 son Eric Thomasson Iso-Ropo and wife Lisa
  • 1698-1704 son Jacob Ericsson Iso-Ropo and wife Walborg
  • 1709-1731 daughter Anna Jacobsdotter Iso-Ropo and husband Anders Johansson
  • 1733-1769 son Henric Andersson Iso-Ropo and wife Maria Nikkilä, the daughter of Jöran Nikkilä from Sarkola village
  • 1770-1781 son Henric Henricsson Iso-Ropo with wives Walborg Jacobsdotter and Anna Mattsdotter Pirjola

From 1664 until 1828 the farm served as academy farm, providing funds for the administration of the Royal Academy of Finland in taxes.

Eventually the farm was split into two equal halves, with Iso-Ropo remaining as the name of one, the other one being called Keski-Ropo. The farms were took over by

Little Iso-Ropo

The farm was held by the same family even after the split:

  • Jöran Henricsson Iso-Ropo and Anna Henricsdotter Hannula
  • Anna's second husband Anders Jacobsson Vähä-Hisso
  • Henric Jöransson Iso-Ropo, wives Anna Mattsdotter Kauppila and Anna Andersdotter Piipari
  • Anders Henricsson Iso-Ropo and Maria Andersdotter Jysiä


The Keski-Ropo half was mastered by

  • Jacob Henricsson Iso-Ropo with wives Maria Ericsdotter and Maria Carlsdotter Skyttä
  • Anders Jacobsson Keski-Ropo and Anna Henricsdotter Vähätalo
  • Anders Andersson Keski-Ropo and Lena Lovisa Jacobsdotter Ollinpoika
  • Carl Andersson Keski-Ropo and Caisa Lisa Carlsdotter Tarkka

The Keski-Ropo farm had three crofts established between 1886 and 1890. The Mäenpää croft was merged into the farm in 1901. The other two, Järvenpää and Rantala, were merged together and formed the Rantala farm in 1909.


  • Iso-Iivari, Lasse: Karkun talonhaltijaluettelo. [1]
  • Kutala - kylä vuolteiden varrella. Kutalan nuorisoseura 2016.
  • Piilonen, Juhani: Sastamalan historia 2. 2007.
  • Suvanto, Seppo: Satakunnan henkilötiedosto 1303-1571. [2]

This is an "orphaned" profile — there's no Profile Manager to watch over it. Please adopt this profile.

  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.