Location: Saltash, Cornwall, United Kingdom
Jacka burials so far identified in Saltash Baptist Chapel Church Yard and how they are related.
There has been at least one headstone identified that mentions a Jacka. Hannah Jacka who is buried with her daughter Mary Hoskins and family.
The gravestone identifies at least 4 of Mary Hoskins children, 3 of which died in infancy and a fourth William, who must have lived longer but for whom no further details were given.
The headstone reads as follows:-
“Sacred to the Memory / Of / MARY HOSKINS./ Wife of/ WILLIAM HOSKINGS./ Of Devonport / Who departed this life / The 19th of March 1850 / Aged 73 years. / Also / Three children of the above who died in their infancy. / And her Mother HANNAH JACKA / Who departed this life / December 2nd 1810. / Aged 77 years. / Also / WILLIAM HOSKINS / Husband of the above / MARY HOSKINGS / Who died Oct 25 1865 / Aged 81 years. / Blessed are the dead which die in the / Lord. / Also WILLIAM HOSKINGS son of”
- 1. Mary (Jacka) Hoskings (1777 - 1850)
- 2. William Hoskings (1784 - 1865) [Mary’s husband]
- 3. Hannah (Rodda) Jacka (1733 - bef. 1810) [Mary’s mother]
- 4. William Hoskin (1814 - 1879) [Mary's son] who never marries.
- 5 - 7. infant children who appear to be all Mary’s children, and possibly William’s children as well, not currently on WikiTree as no further details are yet known
Headstone of image:- Find A Grave, database and images (accessed 27 November 2019), memorial page for Mrs Hannah Jacka (unknown–2 Dec 1810), Find A Grave: Memorial #189846381, citing Saltash Baptist Chapel, Saltash, Cornwall Unitary Authority, Cornwall, England; Maintained by Chris Goddard (contributor 48059020), who also took the photograph.
Edit, S. (2019). Saltash Baptist Church | Burial Grounds. Saltashbaptist.co.uk. Retrieved 27 November 2019, from http://www.saltashbaptist.co.uk/more-info/burial-grounds/
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)