Surnames/tags: Jephson Jepson Jephsonn
About the Project
The Jephson Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Jephson name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Jephson name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Jephsons), by time period (18th Century Jephsons), or by topic (Jephson DNA, Jephson Occupations, Jephson Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Jephson Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Teams / Research Pages
- Example: Name - I am interested in the Jephson-30s of Europe during the 18th Century. I am hoping that this research will help me break down one of my brick walls!
- Sarah Bell - I am interested in the ancestors and descendants of Caroline Mary (Jephson) Bell
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Complete the loading of my existing Jephson data onto Wikitree
- Explore the links that already exist to other information providers
- Try to find the data that will allow the various Jephson genealogies to by linked together
- Take the study back to the source and identify the links to the Hugh Geffesone who in 1327 is referenced in the Oxford Dictionary of English Surnames
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Chris Jephson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)