Location: Houston, Harris, Texas, United States
Surnames/tags: Dixon Dickson
This FSP is to solve some questions about Jewel Dickison(Dixon) Dixon-14899.
- When was Jewel born?
- Were Jewel's parents George Loyd Dixon and Jennie Johnson?
- It is believed Jewel is listed as female on the 1930 Census in error as there are other errors with the family's information on that census. Do we have the correct Jewel?
- Is George Loyd Dixon the son of Henry Christopher Dixon? Or is the Henry Christopher Dixon and Louisa Cook two different people with the same names as George Loyd Dixon's parents?
- Are Edward and Jane Johnson related to Jennie Johnson Dixon?
- Other questions to be added...
Jewel Dickison (Dixon) was born about 1924 in Texas. From one Social Security Index on Ancestry his parents are noted as Loyd Dickison and Jenny Johnson. His son, Vergis, said his father's middle name was William.
Marriage records from around the time Jewel's parents would have married note a marriage of 29 Apr 1918 in Harris County, Texas. The names on the marriage certificate are George Loyd Dixon and Jennie Hubert. There is a record of a child of theirs dying in 8 Aug 1920. 
George Loyd Dixon
A death record for George Loyd Dixon notes he was born about 1906 in Louisiana and died 6 April 1930 in Houston, Texas. His father is listed as Henry Dixon (born Mississippi) and his mother as Louisa Cook (born Louisiana). He is noted as being widowed, but in that era some people said they were widowed even when they were not. His wife is noted as Jennie Dixon. Louisa McBride is noted as the informant. His mother's name after a 2nd marriage.  He is noted as being buried in Evergreen Negro Cemetery.
Jennie Johnson Dixon
A U.S. City directory denoted a family with the surname Johnson living at 1705 Robin Street in 1925, the same address Jennie Johnson Dixon lived at in the 1930 census. Their names were Edward Johnson and Jane Johnson. These same two people were found living at 1705 W. Polk Avenue in 1923, but not further info has been found on the two or if they are kin to Jennie.
Very L. Dixon
Very L. Dixon was the daughter of George Loyd Dixon and Jennie Johnson, born the 24th of November, 1921 in Houston, Texas. She can be seen in the 1930 census living with Jewel and Jennie Dixon.
- ↑ "Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QK8T-WXLD : 10 March 2021), George Loyd Dixon and Jennie Hurbert, 29 Apr 1918; citing Harris Co., Texas, United States, county courthouses, Texas; FHL microfilm 25,240.
- ↑ "Texas Deaths, 1890-1976," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K78P-PJ3 : 20 February 2021), Loyd Dixon in entry for Dixon, 08 Aug 1920; citing certificate number 26929, State Registrar Office, Austin; FHL microfilm 2,073,862.
- ↑ "Texas Deaths, 1890-1976," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K33Y-NJ3 : 20 February 2021), Geo Loyd Dixon, 06 Apr 1930; citing certificate number 18636, State Registrar Office, Austin; FHL microfilm 2,135,323.
- ↑ Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/35402031/george-lloyd-dixon : accessed 9 November 2021), memorial page for George Lloyd Dixon (30 Jul 1906–6 Apr 1930), Find a Grave Memorial ID 35402031, citing Evergreen Negro Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas, USA ; Maintained by Find a Grave (contributor 8).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ancestry.com. U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011. Original data: Original sources vary according to directory. The title of the specific directory being viewed is listed at the top of the image viewer page. Check the directory title page image for full title and publication information.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "United States Census, 1930," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:HB2P-M6Z : accessed 2 November 2021), Jewell Deckson in household of Jillie Deckson, Houston, Harris, Texas, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 212, sheet 5B, line 68, family 99, NARA microfilm publication T626 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 2002), roll 2344; FHL microfilm 2,342,078.
- ↑ Ancestry.com. U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011. Original data: Original sources vary according to directory. The title of the specific directory being viewed is listed at the top of the image viewer page. Check the directory title page image for full title and publication information.
- ↑ Ancestry.com. Texas, U.S., Birth Certificates, 1903-1932 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013. Original data: Texas Department of State Health Services. Texas Birth Certificates, 1903–1932. iArchives, Orem, Utah.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)