Surnames/tags: nevius new_netherland
Other: Family Genealogies
Joannes Nevius and his Descendants
- Full title: Joannes Nevius, Schepen and third secretary of New Amsterdam under the Dutch, first secretary of New York city under the English; and his Descendants. A.D. 1627-1900
- By A. Van Doren Honeyman
- Published by Honeyman & Co., Plainfield, New Jersey, 1900
Available online at the following locations:
- In his 2005 article, "Notes on the Nevius Family" (New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Vol. 136 (2005), Issue 1, pages 33-44), John Blythe Dobson described this as "an excellent genealogy," but he reported finding that there had been numerous errors in some English translations of Dutch-language documents used by Honeyman. He also remarked "we do not endorse the fantastic suggestion of a connection between the name Nevius and the ancient Roman name Naevius."
- No other errors in this publication have been identified. When found, please list the problem(s) here, and include a link to a source that describes the problem.
- <span id='Honeyman'></span>Honeyman, A. Van Doren. ''[[Space: Joannes Nevius and his Descendants | Joannes Nevius and his Descendants ]]'' (New Jersey, 1900), [ Page ].