Additional Research Notes
References to his name. A prior version of this profile reported various references to his name. as John Burbank, including John Dennis Farwell, The Farwell family : a history of Henry Farwell ... 2 vols. ([Orange, Tex.] : F. H. Farwell and Fanny B. Farwell, [?1929]), 1:292; digital images, InternetArchive (borrow), or by subscription, Ancestry.com.
Reference to Residence. : A prior version of this profile included entry for his residence 1677 at Essex County, Massachusetts
Son John left a widow? A prior version of this profile included a comment about son John, including a note that one source reports Susanna Merrill was his widow and married again to Stephen Jordan of Newbury.
- ↑ Massachusetts Census, 1790-1890 Author: Jackson, Ron V., Accelerated Indexing Systems, comp. Publication: Name: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999.
- ↑ William B. Dibble, "John^1 and Ann Burbank -- a suggested identity" in "Notes," New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 94 (1940):393-94; digital images by subscription, AmericanAncestors; for a republication of this article, see, by subscription, Ancestry.com.
- See also--
- English Origins of New England Families from the New England Historical and Genealogical Register, multiple series and volumes (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2nd ser., 1985), 1:361; digital images by subscription, Ancestry.com. Note, this is a republication of William B. Dibble. "John^1 and Ann Burbank -- a suggested identity" in "Notes," New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 94 (1940):393-94; digital images by subscription, AmericanAncestors.
- N. P. Maling, "John Burbank of Rowley, Massachusetts and some of his Descendants"; web content (PDF), seagenesfhgr.com.
- Louis Marinus Dewey, "John Burbank of Suffield, Conn., and some of his Descendants," The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, 61 (1907):139-142; digital images, Hathi Trust.
- "John Burbank" in 'Suffield History" > "Early Families"; web content, Suffield Historical Society.
- Barbour Collection Connecticut Vital Records, 1674-1850 Connecticut State
- Vital Records of Granville, Massachusetts to year 1850, p. 185, published by New England Historical Genealogical Society, Boston 1914.
- Church Baptismal records from the First Church of Christ, Congregational United Church Christ," photo copied by Richard C. Witters.
- Headstone Inscriptions," Suffield, Hartford County, Connecticut 1660-1937
- Robert Hayden Alcorn, The Biography of a Town, Suffield-Connecticut 1670-1970, pages 317-323, Three Hundredth Anniversary Committee of The Town of Suffield.
- Biographical Sketched of the Graduate of Yale College with Annals of College History
- Dean, History of Scituate, page 256. Hist. and General Register, xix, 40: Conn. Puritan Settlers
- A Brief History of The First Church of Christ, Congregational
- Captain Abraham Burbank "Probate Records" dated 1768, Hartford, Connecticut, file number 925.
- Franklin Bowditch Dexter, M.A., Biographical Sketches of the Graduate of Yale College with Annals of the College History, Volume II, pp. 517-518 New York, Henry Holt & Co. 1896.
- Frederick W. Bailey, Editor Early Connecticut Marriages As Found On Ancient Church Records Prior to 1800, p. 47, Bureau of American Ancestry.
- Public records of the Colony of Connecticut 1636-1776.
- Seventeenth Century Colonial Ancestors, Vol. I ; digital images by subscription, Ancestry.com.
- American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) about John Burbank Volume 22 pg. 77
- Godfrey Memorial Library, comp., American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) (Provo, UT, USA, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999), Ancestry.com, Record for John Burbank.
- Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s Author: Gale Research Publication: Name: Name: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.comOperations, Inc, 2010.Original data - Filby, P. William<
- John R. Burbank, Various correspondence (1/10/2000)
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)