Surname/tag: Brown, Doggett
- John Brown and Lucy (Doggett) Brown had 12 children
- Two children never married (Thomas, Lucy)
- Nine children married
- One child might have married (Mary)
- Thomas, though single, was rumored to have fathered son Presley.
- Visit a LDS Family History Center and get an image for:
- "Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XRHV-W2Z : 11 February 2018), William Doggett and Mildred Brown, 18 Mar 1819; citing Culpeper, Virginia, reference p 41; FHL microfilm 30,927
|Name||Birth Year||Death Year||Marital Status||Children||Living Descendant Lines||DNA Matches||Notes|
|Benjamin||1784||aft 1871||Married||13||Yes||Yes||Moved to Ross, OH|
Later moved to Warren, IN
|John Doggett||1789||abt 1867||Married||9||Yes||Yes||SAR/DAR|
|Sarah Randolph||1795||aft 1867||Married||9||Yes||Yes||SAR/DAR|
|Nimrod||1796||1878||Married||5||Yes||Yes||Moved to Tennessee|
Later moved to Texas
|Walker||1804||aft 1800||Married||8||Yes||Yes||Moved to Tennessee|
|James||Married||8||Yes||Yes||Moved to Ohio; Ancestry Profile|
Once to 3c1r William Doggett
Died in Culpeper
|Betsy||Married||?||-||-||Married a cousin and moved out West|
|Mary Marday||?||-||-||-||Moved to Ohio|
|Thomas||Single||None||-||-||Died age 24|
|Elizabeth (Watkins) Rosson||308104||John Doggett Brown||Mary (Brown) Watkins|
|Nancy (Mankin) Larghey||362946||John Doggett Brown||Henry Clay Brown|
|Mary (English) Estridge||309062||John Doggett Brown||William Baker Brown|
|Minnie (Mankin) Schelhorn||304514||John Doggett Brown||William Baker Brown|
|Barbara Schelhorn||308105||John Doggett Brown||William Baker Brown|
|Mary (Schelhorn) Blackwelder||308106||John Doggett Brown||William Baker Brown|
|Regina Davis||467998||John Doggett Brown||Sarah (Brown) Keating|
|Alice (Davis) Barthell||463893||John Doggett Brown||Sarah (Brown) Keating|
|Marilyn (Pommert) Hahn||[642557||Sarah (Brown) Doggett||Spencer Franklin Doggett||Triangulated DNA match between Maryilyn's daughter and descendants of Sarah Brown's son Spencer and and her brother John.|
lt green=triangulated to Lucy's father
#=autosomal match count
- There is an existing Brown/Browne/Braun Name Study hosted by Family Tree DNA and there is also the Brown Genealogy Society devoted to the study of the /BROWN/ surname but not showing recent activity.
- John Brown was initially part of group 107 but as additional matches appeared a new group 192 was created. John's male children were Benjamin, John, Daniel, Nimrod, Walker, James, and Thomas but there are no known descendants of the latter two. There is one memberof this group 192, Ashby Brown, who is not descended from John rather from Daniel Brown who is likely the brother of John.
- Autosomal matches have been found between many of the children with known lines of descent and the documentation of these matches is currently underway. Anderson-23510 18:17, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
- One of the matches is triangulated with two descendants of Sarah Brown and one descendant of John Doggett Brown.
- There are four matches for ancestors of John Dunlap Brown
- There are three matches with EITHER ancestors of John Dunlap Brown OR Lucy Mary Doggett (because of endogamy, it is only clear that it is one or the other).
- There are 25 matches for ancestors of Lucy Mary Doggett with one of the matches being a triangulated match between a descendant of Lucy's brother William and descendants of her sons John and Benjamin.
- There are descendants of Sarah who should be encouraged to take a mitochondrial test but there are no known descendants of Mildred, Betsy, Mary, or Lucy at this point in time so the one would need to match with a MRCA based on one of her matrilineal ancestors (most likely descendants of Thomas and Batsheba Doggett).
- There are a few possible matches for xDNA but most of candidates have either not taken a DNA test or have not made their results available for inspection.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)