Location: Farmington, Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Other: Family Genealogies
John North of Farmington, Connecticut and His Descendants
With a short account of other early North families.
- by Dexter North (1890-1971)
- published Washington D.C., 1921
- 322 pages
- WikiTree Profiles that use this source
Available online at these locations:
Table of Contents
- First generation
- Second generation
- Third generation
- Fourth generation
- Fifth generation
- Sixth generation
- Seventh generation
- Eighth generation
- Ninth generation
- Tenth generation
- Index of persons
- Please list the problem(s) here, and include a link to a source that describes the problem.
page vii last paragraph, Later work by Dexter North published by M. Virginia Mills "The Morrell, North, Denton, and Stout families among others in the Long Island ancestry of Amanda Fitzland Steel"  Changes the early history of this line i.e. The father of Thomas North of Kingstown is John, not Thomas.
page viii Clarification The North's of Walton NY are descended from Robert and Gabriel North, son's of Benjamin North. see: "The Founders and founding of Walton NY" 1924 Arthur Walbridge North 
page 26 Sons of Thomas North (19) 47. iv. DANIEL, b. about 1740-50. v. BENJAMIN, removed to Otsego Co. ,N.Y. 48. vi. SAMUEL, b. Sept. 20, 1751; d. July 7, 1820.
Are actually the sons of Robert North (abt.1713-abt.1779)
"There is a letter on file at the New York State Historical Association library in Cooperstwn, NY from Dexter North. The letter is contained in one of the North Family files. It reads as follows: "Since publication of this book, it has been found that Daniel, Benjamin, and Samuel North, sons of Thomas North (Family 19) are actually sons of Robert North who was son of Thomas North of Newtown, L.I., N.Y. Therefore they and their descendants should be deleted from this book. The error occured from taking as authoritative the lineage shown in Cuyler Reynolds' "Genealogy of Southern New York"." These North's are contained in Dexter's unpublished 3rd work which was assembled by Helen Lewis after Dexter's death. He planned to publish this as the 3rd book in 1958. This work is also located in a North file at Cooperstown." Gary North 2006 "the New York State Historical Association" is now the "Fenimore Art Museum" in Coopers town NY
Using SPAN tags:
- <span id='North'></span>North, Dexter. ''[[Space:John North of Farmington, Connecticut and His Descendants|John North of Farmington, Connecticut and His Descendants]]'' (Washington D.C., 1921) [ Page ].
Using REFERENCE tags:
- <ref name='North'>North, Dexter. ''[[Space:John North of Farmington, Connecticut and His Descendants|John North of Farmington, Connecticut and His Descendants]]'', Washington, District of Columbia : s.n., 1921, pg. </ref>
- <ref name='North' />
Please add your preferred citation format below, so that it may be easily copied by you and others: