Location: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Surnames/tags: Appleyard Sheffield Johnson
JOHNSON & APPLEYARDS LTD OF SHEFFIELD
Several generations of Appleyards have derived their income from Cabinet making and Joinery starting with Joseph Appleyard (1770-1839) who after his marriage and move to Conisborough, appears to have started his original Cabinet business which developed to Joseph Appleyard & Sons of Rotherham. Towards the end of the 1870's Joseph Appleyard & Sons of Rotherham acquired the Sheffield firm of William Johnson & Sons to create Johnson & Appleyards Ltd of Sheffield.
Johnson and Appleyards Ltd was incorporated on the 23rd February 1891, Company No. 00033439 and although still listed as Active, it is no longer trading.
A comprehensive document including photographs on ' JOHNSON & APPLEYARDS LTD OF SHEFFIELD: A VICTORIAN FAMILY BUSINESS by Julie Banham' can be found by following this link
- ↑ Use this link https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk and search for Johnson and Appleyards Ltd. A direct link to the record has not been given as this is currently a beta site.
- ↑ For the full text of the document please follow this link. https://regionalfurnituresociety.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/johnson-c-appleyards-ltd-of-sheffield-a-victorian-family-business-julie-banham.pdf
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)